- Type I cytokine receptor
Type I cytokine receptors are transmembrane receptors expressed on the surface of cells that recognize and respond to cytokines with four α-helical strands. These receptors are also known under the name hemopoietin receptors, and share a common amino acid motif (WSXWS) in the extracellular portion adjacent to the cell membrane. Members of the type I cytokine receptor family comprise different chains, some of which are involved in ligand/cytokine interaction and others that are involved in signal transduction.
Signal transduction chains
The signal transducing chains are often shared between different receptors within this receptor family.
- The IL-2 receptor common gamma chain (also known as CD132) is shared between:
- The common beta chain (CD131 or CDw131) is shared between the following type I cytokine receptors:
- GM-CSF receptor
- IL-3 receptor
- IL-5 receptor.
- The gp230 receptor common gamma chain (also known as gp130, IL6ST, IL6-beta or CD130) is shared between:
- IL-6 receptor
- IL-11 receptor
- Leukamia inhibitory factor receptor
- Oncostatin M receptor
Type I cytokine receptors include interleukin receptors, colony stimulating factor receptors and other cytokine receptors
- Interleukin-2 receptor
- Interleukin-3 receptor
- Interleukin-4 receptor
- Interleukin-5 receptor
- Interleukin-6 receptor
- Interleukin-7 receptor
- Interleukin-9 receptor
- Interleukin-11 receptor
- Interleukin-12 receptor
- Interleukin-13 receptor
- Interleukin-15 receptor
- Interleukin-21 receptor
- Interleukin-23 receptor
- Interleukin-27 receptor
Colony stimulating factor receptors
- Erythropoietin receptor
- GM-CSF receptor
- G-CSF receptor
Hormone receptor/neuropeptide receptor
- ^ Lichtman, Andrew H.; Abbas, Abul K. (2003). Cellular and molecular immunology (5th ed.). Philadelphia: Saunders. ISBN 0-7216-0008-5.
- ^ He YW, Adkins B, Furse RK, Malek TR (1995). "Expression and function of the gamma c subunit of the IL-2, IL-4, and IL-7 receptors. Distinct interaction of gamma c in the IL-4 receptor". J. Immunol. 154 (4): 1596–605. PMID 7530740. http://www.jimmunol.org/cgi/content/abstract/154/4/1596.
- ^ Stomski FC, Woodcock JM, Zacharakis B, Bagley CJ, Sun Q, Lopez AF (1998). "Identification of a Cys motif in the common beta chain of the interleukin 3, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interleukin 5 receptors essential for disulfide-linked receptor heterodimerization and activation of all three receptors". J. Biol. Chem. 273 (2): 1192–9. doi:10.1074/jbc.273.2.1192. PMID 9422786.
Cytokine receptors Chemokine receptor
TNF receptor1-1011-2021-25 JAK-STATType IOther Ig superfamily IL-17 family S/T Ligand Cytokine receptorType I cytokine receptor · Type II cytokine receptor Janus kinase Adaptor proteinsPIAS
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.