- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Jersey
This is a list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in New Jersey. There are approximately 1,612 listed sites in New Jersey. All 21 counties in New Jersey have listings on the National Register.
- for Camden, see: Camden County
- for Elizabeth, see: Union County
- for Jersey City, see: Hudson County
- for Newark, see: Essex County
- for Paterson, see: Passaic County
- for Trenton, see: Mercer County
Contents: Counties in New Jersey Atlantic - Bergen - Burlington - Camden - Cape May - Cumberland - Essex - Gloucester - Hudson - Hunterdon - Mercer - Middlesex - Monmouth - Morris - Ocean - Passaic - Salem - Somerset - Sussex - Union - Warren
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which modify the area covered by an existing property or district and which carry a separate National Register reference number. The numbers of NRHP listings in each county are documented by tables in each of the individual county list-articles.
County # of Sites 1 Atlantic 45 2 Bergen 270 3 Burlington 92 4 Camden 89 5 Cape May 47 6 Cumberland 26 7 Essex 166 8 Gloucester 32 9 Hudson 55 10 Hunterdon 82 11 Mercer 103 12 Middlesex 76 13 Monmouth 95 14 Morris 145 15 Ocean 31 16 Passaic 37 17 Salem 22 18 Somerset 84 19 Sussex 34 20 Union 68 21 Warren 42 (duplicates) (29) Total: 1,612
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/nrlist.htm. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- ^ Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- ^ The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Asbury Historic District (Hunterdon and Warren), Cedar Brook Park (Middlesex and Union), Clover Hill Historic District (Hunterdon and Somerset), Crosswicks Creek Site III (Burlington and Mercer), Delaware and Raritan Canal (Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex and Somerset), Evergreen Cemetery (Essex and Union), Fairmount Historic District (Hunterdon and Morrise), Highfields (Hunterdon and Mercer), Homestead Farm at Oak Ridge (Middlesex and Union), Imlaydale Historic District (Hunterdon and Warren), Kingston Mill Historic District (Mercer, Middlesex and Somerset), Kingston Village Historic District (Somerset and Washington), Miller Farmstead (Hunterdon and Warren), Morris Canal (Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex and Warren), Morristown National Historical Park (Morris and Somerset), New Hampton Pony Pratt Truss Bridge (Hunterdon and Warren), Old Mine Road Historic District (Sussex and Warren), Pleasant Valley Historic District (Lambertville, New Jersey) (Hunterdon and Mercer), Pottersville Village Historic District (Hunterdon, Morris and Somerset), Six Mile Run Historic District (Middlesex and Somerset), Whitesbog Historic District (Burlington and Ocean).
U.S. National Register of Historic Places Topics Lists by statesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming Lists by territories Lists by associated states Other Category:National Register of Historic Places • Portal:National Register of Historic Places State of New Jersey Trenton (capital) Topics Regions
Atlantic Coastal Plain · Central Jersey · Delaware River Region · Delaware Valley · Gateway Region · Gold Coast · Highlands · Jersey Shore · Meadowlands · New York metro area · North Hudson · North Jersey · Pascack Valley · Piedmont · Pine Barrens · Raritan Bayshore · Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians · Southern Shore Region · Skylands Region · South Jersey · Tri‑State Region · West Hudson
Counties Major cities
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.