- National Register of Historic Places listings in American Samoa
This is a list of the buildings, sites, districts, and objects listed on the National Register of Historic Places in American Samoa. There are currently 24 listed sites spread across the three districts of American Samoa. There are no sites listed on the two unorganized atolls of Swains Island and Rose Atoll.
Numbers of listings
The following are approximate tallies of current listings in American Samoa on the National Register of Historic Places. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are not official. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which modify the area covered by an existing property or district and which carry a separate National Register reference number.
District # of Sites 1 Eastern 12 2 Manu'a 1 3 Rose Atoll 0 4 Swains Island 0 5 Western 11 Total: 24
 Landmark name Image Date listed Location City or town Summary 1 Courthouse of American Samoa February 12, 1974 Near Pago Pago Harbor
Fagatogo 2 Navy Building 38 March 16, 1972 Pago Pago Harbor
Fagatogo 3 Navy Building 43 March 16, 1972 Pago Pago Harbor
Fagatogo 4 US Naval Station Tutuila Historic District June 20, 1999 Pago Pago Harbor
Fagatogo and Utulei 5 Fagatele Bay Site June 2, 1997 Address Restricted Futiga 6 Satala Cemetery October 19, 2006 American Samoa Highway 001 , west of Satala
Lalopua 7 Breakers Point Naval Guns October 18, 1999 Breakers Point
Lauli'i 8 Sadie Thompson Building July 2, 2003 Along main road
Malaloa 9 Blunts Point Naval Guns April 26, 1973 Matautu Ridge
Pago Pago 10 Government House March 16, 1972 Togotogo Ridge
Pago Pago 11 Lau'agae Ridge Quarry March 30, 2000 Address Restricted Tula 12 Tulauta Village June 2, 1997 Address Restricted Tula
 Landmark name Image Date listed Location City or town Summary 1 Faga Village Site November 23, 2003 Address Restricted Fitiuta
 Landmark name Image Date listed Location City or town Summary 1 A'a Village (AS-34-33) November 19, 1987 Address Restricted Tapua'ina 2 Aasu April 13, 1972 Near the village of Aasu
Aasu 3 Atauloma Girls School March 16, 1972 West edge of Afao
Afao 4 Fagalele Boys School March 16, 1972 South of Leone
Leone 5 Michael J. Kirwan Educational Television Center October 23, 2009 American Samoa Highway 118, north side of Utulei
Utulei 6 Governor H. Rex Lee Auditorium November 12, 2010 American Samoa Highway 1, William McKinley Memorial Highway
Utulei 7 Maloata Village June 12, 1997 Address Restricted Tapua'ina 8 Old Vatia November 2, 2006 Above Vatai southwest of American Samoa Highway 015
Vatia 9 Site AS-31-72 June 2, 1997 Address Restricted Faleniu 10 Tataga-Matau Fortified Quarry Complex (AS-34-10) November 19, 1987 Address Restricted Leone 11 Tupapa Site October 30, 2009 Address Restricted A'asufou
- List of United States National Historic Landmarks in United States commonwealths and territories, associated states, and foreign states
- List of National Natural Landmarks in American Samoa
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 10, 2011.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/nrlist.htm. Retrieved January 16, 2009.
- ^ Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmark sites and National Register of Historic Places Districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
U.S. National Register of Historic Places Topics Lists by statesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming Lists by territories Lists by associated states Other Territory of American Samoa Topics Government Districts Villages
- Pago Pago
- Utumea East
- Utumea West
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.