- National Register of Historic Places listings in Rhode Island
This is a list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Rhode Island. As of September 23, 2011, there are 744 listed sites in Rhode Island. All 5 of the counties in Rhode Island have listings on the National Register.
Contents: Counties in Rhode Island Bristol - Kent - Newport - Providence - Washington
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which modify the area covered by an existing property or district and which carry a separate National Register reference number. The numbers of NRHP listings in each county are documented by tables in each of the individual county list-articles.
County # of Sites 1 Bristol 24 2 Kent 78 3 Newport 119 4.1 Providence: Pawtucket 50 4.2 Providence: Providence (city) 158 4.3 Providence: Other 193 4.4 Providence: Duplicates (1) 4.5 Providence: Total 400 5 Washington 126 (duplicates) (3) Total: 744
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/nrlist.htm. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- ^ Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- ^ Blackstone Canal is listed in the NRIS database in both Providence and Lincoln.
- ^ The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Arkwright Bridge (Kent and Providence, Mount Hope Bridge (Bristol and Newport), Pawtuxet Village Historic District (Kent and Providence)
U.S. National Register of Historic Places Topics Lists by statesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming Lists by territories Lists by associated states Other Category:National Register of Historic Places • Portal:National Register of Historic Places State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations Providence (capital) Topics Regions Cities Towns
Barrington | Bristol | Burrillville | Charlestown | Coventry | Cumberland | East Greenwich | Exeter | Foster | Glocester | Hopkinton | Jamestown | Johnston | Lincoln | Little Compton | Middletown | Narragansett | New Shoreham (Block Island) | North Kingstown | North Providence | North Smithfield | Portsmouth | Richmond | Scituate | Smithfield | South Kingstown | Tiverton | Warren | Westerly | West Greenwich | West Warwick
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.