- Oyster Bay Long Island Rail Road Turntable
Oyster Bay Railroad MuseumOyster Bay Station Turntable (behind chainlink fence).
Location: Railroad Avenue, Oyster Bay, New York, USA Coordinates: 40°52′29.77″N 73°31′42.92″W / 40.8749361°N 73.5285889°WCoordinates: 40°52′29.77″N 73°31′42.92″W / 40.8749361°N 73.5285889°W Built: 1902 Architectural style: No Style Listed Governing body: Local NRHP Reference#: 05000667 Added to NRHP: July 06, 2005
Oyster Bay is the location of one of few remaining Long Island Rail Road stations with an original turntable on site. The turntable was built in 1902 to replace a smaller one that had been relocated from the Locust Valley station. The turntable is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a Town of Oyster Bay Landmark, and a featured site on the Oyster Bay History Walk audio walking tour.
The planned Oyster Bay Railroad Museum will incorporate the turntable, locomotives, railroad cars and the depot.
- Oyster Bay Long Island Rail Road Station
- Oyster Bay History Walk
- Theodore Roosevelt in Oyster Bay
- List of Town of Oyster Bay Landmarks
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Nassau County, New York
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ Hammond, John E. (2009). Oyster Bay. Images of America. Charleston, SC: Arcadia. p. 85. ISBN 0738565903.
- Oyster Bay Main Street Association - Locomotive 35, Railcars, & Turntable
- Oyster Bay Railroad Museum
- Oyster Bay Turntable (TrainsAreFun.com)
- History of New York
- History of Oyster Bay, New York
- Long Island Rail Road
- Town of Oyster Bay Landmark
- Buildings and structures in Nassau County, New York
- Railroad museums in New York
- Museums in Nassau County, New York
- Proposed museums in the United States
- Rail infrastructure in the United States
- Railway turntables
- Industrial buildings and structures in New York
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.