- Bradford Old City Hall
Bradford Old City HallBradford Old City Hall, June 2009
Location: 25–27 Kennedy Street
Coordinates: 41°57′25″N 78°38′51.5″W / 41.95694°N 78.647639°WCoordinates: 41°57′25″N 78°38′51.5″W / 41.95694°N 78.647639°W Area: ~10,500 square feet (980 m2) Built: 1897 Architectural style: Victorian, Romanesque Revival Governing body: City of Bradford NRHP Reference#: 76002156 Added to NRHP: May 17, 1976
The Bradford Old City Hall is a historic city hall located in Bradford, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 17, 1976.
The eclectic Victorian Romanesque Revival building was constructed in 1897. The 68-by-90-foot (21 by 27 m) brick building features a four story, 100 feet (30 m) clock tower that houses a four-dialed clock created by Seth Thomas around 1910.
The building no longer functions as city hall, but remains home to some city government offices. The building is also located in a Keystone Opportunity Zone (KOZ).
- ^ a b "NPS Focus". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- ^ Dunlevey, Charles (January 5, 1976). "Bradford Old City Hall" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places Inventory — Nomination Form. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. https://www.dot7.state.pa.us/ce_imagery/phmc_scans/H000607_01H.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- ^ "Old City Hall". Bradford, PA: Office of Economic and Community Development. http://www.bradfordpa.org/city_hall_site.html. Retrieved July 6, 2009.
- Pennsylvania Registered Historic Place stubs
- Government buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania
- Buildings and structures completed in 1897
- City and town halls in Pennsylvania
- Victorian architecture in Pennsylvania
- Romanesque Revival architecture in Pennsylvania
- Buildings and structures in McKean County, Pennsylvania
- Clock towers in the United States
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.