Cholecystography Intervention ICD-9-CM 87.59 MeSH
Oral cholecystography is a procedure used to visualize the gallbladder by administering, by mouth, a radiopaque contrast agent that is excreted by the liver. This excreted material will collect in the gallbladder, where reabsorption of water concentrates the excreted contrast. Since only 10% of gallstones are radiopaque, the remaining 90% will appear as translucent on an opaque background in an abdominal x-ray. Current medical practice prefers ultrasound and CT over oral cholecystography.
Digestive system surgical and other procedures / Digestive system surgery (ICD-9-CM V3 42-54, ICD-10-PCS 0D) Digestive tractUpper GI tractTransrectal ultrasonography · Abdominal ultrasonography · Enteroclysis · Small bowel follow-through · Lower gastrointestinal series · Virtual colonoscopy · Defecating proctogram · Double-contrast barium enema Accessory AbdominopelvicHernia repair: Inguinal hernia repair (Macewen's operation) · Femoral hernia repair Other CPRs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.