- Department of Higher Education (India)
The department is empowered to grant deemed university status to educational institutions on the advice of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India, under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956 .
- University and Higher Education; Minorities Education
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
- Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR)
- 38 Central Universities (including 15 new Central Universities which have been established w.e.f. 15.01.2009 by an ordinance promulgated by President of India)
- Indian Institute of Advanced Studies (IIAS), Shimla
- Technical Education
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) 
- Council of Architecture (COA) 
- 13 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) (including 6 new IITs set up during 2008-09)
- 5 Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs)
- 7 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
- 20 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- 4 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- 4 National Institutes of Technical Teachers’ Training & Research (NITTTRs)
- 4 Regional Boards of Apprenticeship / Practical Training
- Administration and Languages
- Three Deemed Universities in the field of Sanskrit, viz. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (RSkS), New Delhi, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (SLBSRSV), New Delhi, and Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (RSV), Tirupati
- Kendriya Hindi Sansthan (KHS), Agra
- English and Foreign Language University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL)
- National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language (NCPSL)
- Three subordinate offices: Central Hindi Directorate (CHD), New Delhi; Commission for Scientific & Technological Terminology (CSTT), New Delhi; and Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore
- Distance Education and Scholarships
- UNESCO, International Cooperation, Book Promotion and Copyrights, Education Policy, Planning and Monitoring
- Integrated Finance Division.
- Statistics, Annual Plan and CMIS
- Administrative Reform, North Eastern Region, SC/ST/OBC
- National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA)
- National Book Trust (NBT)
- National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (NCMEI)
- National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Central Tibetan School Administration (CTSA)
- National Foundation for Teachers' Welfare
- a public sector enterprise, Educational Consultants (India) Limited (EdCIL)
State wise distribution of Institutions
State IIM IIT NIT IISER IIEST National Law School Other Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad Warangal Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad SPA, 2 IIESTs, Central univ.2 Central univ., Arunachal Pradesh Yupia NE Regional Inst. of Sc., Central Univ Assam Guwahati Silchar NIPER, 2 Central univ. Bihar Patna Patna Chanakya National Law University, Patna NIPER Chhattisgarh Raipur Raipur Hidyatullah National Law University, Raipur Delhi Delhi Delhi National Law University, Delhi AIIMS, SPA, 4 Central univ. Goa Panaji BITS Gujarat Ahmedabad Gandhinagar Surat Gujarat National Law University NIPER, NID Haryana Rohtak Kurukshetra NITTR Himachal Pradesh Mandi Hamirpur Indian Inst. of Adv. Studies Jammu & Kashmir Srinagar Jharkhand Ranchi Jamshedpur Indian School of Mines, NIFFT, Central Univ Karnataka Bangalore Surathkal National Law School of India University, Bangalore IISc,ISI, IIIT Kerala Kozhikode Calicut Thiruvananthapuram National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi SCT Instt. of Med. Sc., IIST Madhya Pradesh Indore Indore Bhopal Bhopal National Law Institute University, Bhopal SPA,AIIMS, NID, World Class Univ, Central Univ, IIITM, NITTR, IIITD&M Maharashtra Mumbai Nagpur Pune NITIE, BOAT, AFMC, Central univ., IISER Manipur Lamphelpat Central Agr. Univ.Central univ. Meghalaya Shillong Meghalaya North-Eastern Hill University Shillong, A Central University Mizoram Aizawl Nagaland Dimapur Orissa Bhubaneshwar Rourkela (NID, AIIMS)(NISER,ILS, IIIT, Bhuv, IIIT, Behrampur) Punjab Rupnagar Jalandhar Mohali Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala NIPER, SLIET, NITTR, IISER Rajasthan Jaipur Jaipur National Law University, Jodhpur AIIMS Sikkim Ravangla Tamil Nadu Tiruchirappalli Madras Tiruchirappalli IIIT, NITTR, BOAT, Central univ. Tripura Agartala Uttarakhand Kashipur Roorkee Pauri Uttar Pradesh Lucknow Kanpur Allahabad Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow IIEST, IIIT, BOAT, 4 Central univ. West Bengal Calcutta Kharagpur Durgapur Kolkata The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata ISI, Central univ
- ^ "Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST) Thiruvanathapuram Declared as Deemed to be University". Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Press Information Bureau. July 14, 2008. http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=40292.
- ^ "IIST gets deemed university status". The Hindu. Jul 15, 2008. http://www.hindu.com/2008/07/15/stories/2008071550100100.htm.
- ^ ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE Department of Higher Education website.
- ^ Technical Education Overview Dept of Ed.
- ^ National Level Councils Tech Ed.
- ^ Council of Architecture website
India topics Basic topics · Alphabetical index of topics HistoryOverviewsPre-colonial GovernmentLaw Enforcement: Federal
National Investigation Agency (NIA)
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
Border Security Force (BSF)
Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D)
Politics GeographyLandformsSubdivisions Environment Economy Society Culture Category · Portal · WikiProject
- University and Higher Education; Minorities Education
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.