- Mountain ranges of Pakistan
Most of the high peaks in Pakistan are in Karakoram range, the highest of which is K2 (8,611 m), the second highest peak on earth. The highest peak of Himalayan range in Pakistan is Nanga Parbat (8,126 m), which is the ninth highest peak of the world.
Following are the mountain ranges that are fully or partially included in Pakistan:
- Karakoram range, highest peak is K2 (8,611 m or 28,244 feet).
- Himalaya range, highest peak in Pakistan is Nanga Parbat (8,126 m or 26,653 feet).
- Hindu Kush range, highest peak is Tirich Mir (7,690 metres or 25,230 feet).
- Pamir Mountains, junction of the Tian Shan, Karakoram, Kunlun, and Hindu Kush ranges.
- Hindu Raj Hindu Raj is a mountain range in northern Pakistan, between the Hindu Kush and the Karakoram ranges.
- Sulaiman Mountains range, highest peak is Takht-e-Sulaiman (3,487 m or 11,437 feet).
- Spin Ghar Mountains range, highest peak is Mount Sikaram (4,761 m or 15,620 feet)
- Salt Range, highest peak is Sakaser (1,522 m or 4,946 feet), a hill system in the Punjab Province, abundant in salt
- Toba Kakar Range, southern offshoot of the Himalayas in the Balochistan
- Makran range, semi-desert coastal strip in the south of Balochistan, in Iran and Pakistan, along the coast of the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. The narrow coastal plain rises very rapidly into several mountain ranges. Of the 1,000 km coastline, about 750 km is in Pakistan
- Kirthar Range, is located in the Balochistan and Sindh provinces of Pakistan. It extends from north, southward for about 300 kilometres (186 mi) from the Mula River in east-central Balochistan to Cape Muari (Cape Monze) west of Karachi on the Arabian Sea.
The upcoming Hill Station of Sindh at Gorakh, in Kirthar Mountains Range, off Dadu, at the height of 5,688 feet (1,734 m), averaging 5,500 feet (1,700 m), is one of the two large plateaus in the Sindh segment of Kirthar mountains.
Template:NOTE: Free Google Earth Telemetry, earlier available for Free, is not available as of August/September 2009; those of you, interested in verifying the above Defined Elevations will now have to Purchase the Program from Google Earth -->
Pakistan topics Basic topics · Alphabetical index of topics HistoryAncientMedievalModernPre-colonialColonialRepublic GeographyLocalityGeologyEnvironment EconomyInfrastructurePlanning Commission • Low cost housing • Employment • Poverty • Foreign aid • Water management • Water supply and sanitation • Fuel extraction • Electricity (Nuclear • Solar • Wind) • Transportation • Healthcare (Hospitals) • Education (Institutions) • Posting • Telecommunications • Satellite • Tallest buildingsCommerce GovernmentExecutiveLegislativeLaw and CrimeRelated topics CultureArtsCommunityLifestylePlaces WikiProject • Portal • Commons
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.