- Telecommunications in Chile
The technical regulator of communications in Chile is the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications, through the Undersecretariat of Telecommunications (Subtel).
- Main lines in use: 3.379 million (2007)
- Mobile cellular: 13.955 million (2007)
- System: privatization began in 1988; advanced telecommunications infrastructure; modern system based on extensive microwave radio relay facilities; fixed-line connections have dropped in recent years as mobile-cellular usage continues to increase, reaching a level of 85 telephones per 100 persons
- Domestic: extensive microwave radio relay links; domestic satellite system with 3 earth stations
- international: country code - 56; submarine cables provide links to the US and to Central and South America; satellite earth stations - 2 Intelsat (Atlantic Ocean) (2007)
- Broadcast stations: 63 (plus 121 repeaters) (1997)
- Broadcast television system: NTSC
- Internet hosts: 847,215 (2008)
- Internet users: 5.57 million (2007)
- Internet country code: .cl
Other technical details
Telecommunications in South America Sovereign states Dependencies and
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.