- Digital X-ray radiogrammetry
Digital X-ray Radiogrammetry (DXR) is a means of measuring bone mineral density (BMD). Digital X-ray radiogrammetry is based on the old technique of radiogrammetry. In DXR the cortical thickness of the three middle metacarpal bones in the hand is measured in a digital X-ray image by a computer and is through a geometrical operation converted to the forearm bone mineral density. The BMD is corrected for porosity of the bone, estimated by a texture analysis performed on the cortical part of the bone.
Like other technologies for estimating the bone mineral density, the outputs are an areal BMD value, a T-score and a Z-score for assessing osteoporosis and the risk of bone fracture.
Due to high precision it is used for monitoring change in bone mineral density over time.
- Estimation of bone mineral density by digital X-ray radiogrammetry: theoretical background and clinical testing, Rosholm A et al., Osteoporos Int. 2001;12(11):961-9.
- Digital X-ray radiogrammetry: a new appendicular bone densitometric method with high precision, Jorgensen JT et al., . Clin Physiol. 2000 Sep;20(5):330-5.
- Friis M, Digital X-ray Radiogrammetry on Hand X-rays Obtained on Mammographic X-ray Equipment, Journal of the International Bone and Mineral Society, 2001, 28; 5(suppl):P336 (IBMS 2001).
- Digital X-ray radiogrammetry combined with semiautomated analysis of joint space widths as a new diagnostic approach in rheumatoid arthritis: a cross-sectional and longitudinal study, Bottcher J et al., Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Dec;52(12):3850-9.
Orthopedic surgery, operations/surgeries and other procedures on bones and joints (ICD-9-CM V3 76-81, ICD-10-PCS 0P-S) BonesFacialSpineUpper extremityLower extremityGeneral Cartilage JointsSpineUpper extremityJobe's test, Adson's sign) · Elbow examination (Elbow extension test) · Wrist examination (Tinel sign/Phalen maneuver, Finkelstein's test)
Hip resurfacing · Hip replacement · Rotationplasty · Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction · Knee replacement/Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty · Ankle replacement · Broström procedure · Triple arthrodesisCPRs: Pittsburgh knee rules · Ottawa knee rules · Ottawa ankle rulesGeneral
anat(h/c, u, t, l)/phys
noco(arth/defr/back/soft)/cong, sysi/epon, injr
proc, drug(M01C, M4)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.