- Park West (Miami)
Park West — Neighborhood of Miami — Nickname(s): Nightclub District Coordinates: Country United States State Florida County Miami-Dade County City Miami Government - City of Miami Commissioner Marc Sarnoff - Miami-Dade Commissioners Audrey Edmonson - House of Representatives Cynthia A. Stafford (D) - State Senate Gwen Margolis (D) - U.S. House Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R) Population (2010) - Total 4,655(Park West population only)
71,000(Greater Downtown population)
- Density 9,414/sq mi (3,634.8/km2) Time zone EST (UTC-05) ZIP Code 33132 Area code(s) 305, 786 Website Miami Downtown Development Authority
Park West (colloquially referred to as the Downtown Nightclub District) is a neighborhood of greater Downtown, Miami, Florida, United States. It is roughly bound by Biscayne Boulevard to the east, West First Avenue to the west, North 10th Street to the south and Interstate 395 to the north. As of 2010, about 4,655 residents live in Park West. The neighborhoods is named 'Park West' due to its location just west of Bicentennial Park.
In recent years, the Park West neighborhood has become a popular film production center, with the filming of the 2012 Rock of Ages film that reconverted much of NE 14th Street into Los Angeles' Sunset Strip. Television show Burn Notice, filmed almost primarily in Miami's Coconut Grove neighborhood, also often films in Park West studios. In 2010, plans to build a production studio at 29 NW 13th Street were announced. The studios are expected to add a series of sound stages to Park West, and help expand the growing film production industry in the Park West area. In July 2011, production plans were announced for the Charlie's Angels 2011 TV show remake to be filmed in production studios in nearby Wynwood.
- Government Center (North 1st Street and West 1st Avenue)
- Historic Overtown/Lyric Theatre (North 8th Street and West 1st Avenue)
- Downtown/Inner Loop
- Omni Loop
- ^ http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/map
- ^ Club Row neighborhood in Miami
- ^ http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Park-West-Miami-FL.html
- ^ http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/28/2289543/rock-of-ages-set-takes-over-downtown.html
- ^ http://www.ia477.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=209522
- ^ http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/23/1940707/blighted-site-seen-as-film-studio.html
- ^ http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2010/08/09/story7.html
- ^ http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/07/2303871/charlies-angels-signs-up-for-a.html
Neighborhoods of Miami
Allapattah · Brickell (Key) · Buena Vista · Civic Center · Coconut Grove · Coral Way · Design District · Downtown · Edgewater · Flagami · Grapeland Heights · Liberty City · Little Haiti · Little Havana · Lummus Park · Midtown · Omni · Overtown · Park West · The Roads · Upper Eastside · Venetian Islands · Virginia Key · Watson Island · West Flagler · Wynwood
This Miami-Dade County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.