- National Register of Historic Places listings in Palm Beach County, Florida
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Palm Beach County, Florida.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 73 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
Contents: Counties in Florida (non-linked contain no National Register listings) Alachua - Baker - Bay - Bradford - Brevard - Broward - Calhoun - Charlotte - Citrus - Clay - Collier - Columbia - DeSoto - Dixie - Duval - Escambia - Flagler - Franklin - Gadsden - Gilchrist - Glades - Gulf - Hamilton - Hardee - Hendry - Hernando - Highlands - Hillsborough - Holmes - Indian River - Jackson - Jefferson - Lafayette - Lake - Lee - Leon - Levy - Liberty - Madison - Manatee - Marion - Martin - Miami-Dade - Monroe - Nassau - Okaloosa - Okeechobee - Orange - Osceola - Palm Beach - Pasco - Pinellas - Polk - Putnam - Santa Rosa - Sarasota - Seminole - St. Johns - St. Lucie - Sumter - Suwannee - Taylor - Union - Volusia - Wakulla - Walton - Washington
 Landmark name  Image Date listed Location City or town Summary 1 Administration Buildings June 27, 1985 Dixie Highway and Camino Real
Boca Raton 2 Fred C. Aiken House September 24, 1992 801 Hibiscus Street
Boca Raton 3 American National Bank Building October 8, 1997 114 South Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach 4 Big Mound City May 24, 1973 Address Restricted Canal Point 5 Bingham-Blossom House December 5, 1972 1250 South Ocean Boulevard
Palm Beach Demolished in 1974. 6 Boca Raton Fire Engine No. 1Boca Raton Fire Engine No. 1 November 1, 2001 100 South Ocean Boulevard
Boca Raton 7 Boca Raton Old City Hall October 16, 1980 71 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton 8 Boynton School March 7, 1994 141 East Ocean Avenue
Boynton Beach 9 Boynton Woman's Club April 26, 1979 1010 South Federal Highway
Boynton Beach 10 Breakers Hotel Complex August 14, 1973 South County Road
Palm Beach 11 Brelsford House May 3, 1974 1 Lake Trail
Palm Beach Demolished in August 1975 12 Central Park Historic District July 28, 1999 Roughly along State Road 805 and South Olive Avenue from Monroe Drive to Southern Boulevard
West Palm Beach 13 Clematis Street Historic Commercial District October 8, 1998 500 block of Clematis Street
West Palm Beach 14 College Park Historic District February 9, 2001 Roughly bounded by Maryland Drive, North Federal Highway, 19th Avenue North, and North Dixie Highway
Lake Worth 15 Comeau Building September 6, 1996 319 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach 16 Alfred J. Comeau House March 24, 2000 701 Flamingo Drive
West Palm Beach 17 Delray Beach Schools March 10, 1988 Block 68
Delray Beach 18 Dixie Court Hotel August 21, 1986 301 North Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach Demolished in 1990. 19 Eastover December 23, 2002 1100 South Ocean Boulevard
Manalapan 20 El Cid Historic District August 31, 1995 Roughly bounded by Flamingo Drive, South Flagler Drive, Dyer Road, and South Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach 21 J. B. Evans House March 28, 2002 142 South Ocean Boulevard
Delray Beach 22 Ferndix Building July 22, 1999 401 Fern Street
West Palm Beach 23 Henry Morrison Flagler House: Whitehall December 5, 1972 Whitehall Way
Palm Beach 24 Flamingo Park Historic Residential District July 14, 2000 Roughly bounded by Park Place, Parker Avenue, Beleveder Road, and Florida Avenue
West Palm Beach 25 Florida East Coast Railway Passenger Station October 24, 1980 Off State Road 808
Boca Raton 26 Grandview Heights Historic District July 8, 1999 Roughly bounded by Park Place, Alabama Avenue, M Street, and South Lake Avenue
West Palm Beach 27 Guaranty Building December 10, 1998 120 South Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach 28 Gulf Stream Hotel January 11, 1983 1 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth 29 Hatch's Department Store April 14, 1994 301-307 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach 30 Hibiscus Apartments May 10, 1984 619 Hibiscus Street
West Palm Beach Demolished, Macy's built on site 31 Historic Old Town Commercial District September 22, 2001 Bounded by FEC, M Street, Lucerne Avenue, and 1st Avenue S
Lake Worth 32 House at 1240 Cocoanut Road August 17, 2001 1240 Cocoanut Road
Boca Raton 33 Hurricane of 1928 African American Mass Burial Site September 12, 2002 Junction of 25th Street and Tamarind Avenue
West Palm Beach 34 Jupiter Inlet Historic and Archeological Site November 5, 1985 Address Restricted Jupiter 35 Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse October 15, 1973 Junction of the Loxahatchee River and Jupiter Sound
Jupiter 36 Kelsey City City Hall September 3, 1981 535 Park Avenue
Lake Park 37 Lavender House February 24, 1995 875 Alamanda Street
Boca Raton 38 Lofthus (shipwreck) January 6, 2004 ¾ mile north of Boynton Inlet, 175 yards offshore
Boynton Beach 39 Mango Promenade Historic District July 8, 1999 Roughly bounded by South Dixie Highway, Austin Lane, Coconut Lane, and Cranesnest Way
West Palm Beach 40 Mar-A-Lago National Historic Landmark December 23, 1980 1100 South Ocean Boulevard
Palm Beach 41 Mickens House April 11, 1985 801 4th Street
West Palm Beach 42 Milton-Myers American Legion Post No. 65 April 20, 1995 263 Northeast 5th Avenue
Delray Beach 43 Northboro Park Historic District February 20, 2007 Bounded by 40th N., Flagler Drive, 36th Street, and Broadway
West Palm Beach 44 Northwest Historic District January 22, 1992 Roughly bounded by Tamarind Avenue, Eleventh Street, Rosemary Avenue, and Third Street
West Palm Beach 45 Norton House July 26, 1990 253 Barcelona Road
West Palm Beach 46 Old Lake Worth City Hall May 18, 1989 414 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth 47 Old Northwood Historic District April 14, 1994 Roughly bounded by Broadway, North Dixie Highway, and 26th and 35th Streets
West Palm Beach 48 Old Lucerne Historic Residential District June 4, 2001 Roughly along North Lakeside Drive, North Palmway Street, and North O Street, from Lake Avenue to 7th Avenue, N.
Lake Worth 49 Old Palm Beach Junior College Building May 30, 1991 813 Gardenia Avenue
West Palm Beach 50 Old West Palm Beach National Guard Armory June 11, 1992 1703 South Lake Avenue
West Palm Beach 51 Osborne School August 1, 2003 1718 South Douglas Street
Lake Worth Part of the Florida's Historic Black Public Schools MPS 52 Pahokee High School November 15, 1996 360 Main Street
Pahokee 53 Palm Beach Daily News Building December 24, 1985 204 Brazilian Avenue
Palm Beach 54 Palm Beach Hotel April 21, 2010 235-251 Sunrise Ave.
Palm Beach 55 Palm Beach Mercantile Company January 28, 1994 206 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach 56 Palm Beach Town Hall January 28, 2005 360 South County Road
Palm Beach 57 Palm Beach Winter ClubPalm Beach Winter Club August 1, 1980 U.S. Route 1
North Palm Beach Demolished in 1984. 58 Paramount Theatre Building December 12, 1973 145 North County Road
Palm Beach 59 Pine Ridge Hospital January 26, 2001 1401 Division Avenue
West Palm Beach 60 Professional Building October 24, 1996 310 South Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach 61 Prospect Park-Southland Park Historic District April 8, 2011 Bounded by Lake Worth, S Dixie HWY, Monceaux Rd, Monroe Dr,
West Palm Beach 62 Clifton Rice House April 26, 1996 714 Claremore Drive
West Palm Beach 63 Seaboard Air Line Dining Car-6113 April 5, 2001 747 South Dixie Highway
Boca Raton Florida's Historic Railroad Resources MPS 64 Seaboard Air Line Lounge Car-6603 April 5, 2001 747 South Dixie Highway
Boca Raton Florida's Historic Railroad Resources MPS 65 Seaboard Airline Railroad Station September 4, 1986 1525 West Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach 66 Seaboard Coastline Railroad Passenger Station June 19, 1973 Tamarind Avenue at Datura Street
West Palm Beach 67 John and Elizabeth Shaw Sundy House January 16, 1992 106 South Swinton Avenue
Delray Beach 68 US Post Office July 21, 1983 95 North County Road
Palm Beach 69 Vedado Historic District October 15, 2010 Roughly bounded Merril Ave, Southern Blvd, Parker Ave & Paseo Morella
West Palm Beach 70 Grant Van Valkenburg House August 2, 1999 213 Rosemary Avenue
West Palm Beach 71 Via Mizner April 1, 1993 337-339 Worth Avenue
Palm Beach 72 Vineta Hotel August 21, 1986 363 Cocoanut Row
Palm Beach 73 William Gray Warden House August 1, 1984 112 Seminole Avenue
Eligible but not listed
The following properties were determined to be eligible for listing. However, the owner(s) objected.
 Landmark name Image Date listed Location City or town Summary 1 First Church of Christ, Scientist December 31, 1998 809 South Flagler Drive West Palm Beach NRHP# 98001519 2 Holy Trinity Episcopal Church December 31, 1998 211 Trinity Place West Palm Beach NRHP# 98001518
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Florida
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Florida
- ^ The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by Google maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 10, 2011.
- ^ a b Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmark sites and National Register of Historic Places Districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. . http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ Mayhew, Augustus (14 November 2010). "Unforgettable Palm Beach: Bingham family cultivated Figulus property, which produced Casa Apava, Blossom Estate". Palm Beach Daily News. http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/unforgettable-palm-beach-bingham-family-cultivated-figulus-property-1047504.html. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- ^ The Brelsford House, Historic American Buildings Survey data page, 1980. Accessed 2009-12-17.
- ^ Lowery, Fred. "Stately No More West Palm`s 64-year-old Dixie Court Hotel Is About To Be Torn Down To Make Room For A New Justice Center". SunSentinel.com. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-01-16/news/9001190522_1_historic-buildings-historic-places-downtown/2. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- ^ "Registered Sites Reflect The Style Of Bygone Era". Sun Sentinel. 16 May 1985. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1985-05-16/news/8501190447_1_sites-specialist-historic-sites-palm-beach-county/3. Retrieved 15 April 2011. , Carol Brzozowski and Carl Herzog
- ^ a b c Weekly List Of Actions Taken On Properties: 1/04/99 through 1/08/99
U.S. National Register of Historic Places in Florida Lists by countyAlachua • Baker • Bay • Bradford • Brevard • Broward • Calhoun • Charlotte • Citrus • Clay • Collier • Columbia • DeSoto • Dixie • Duval • Escambia • Flagler • Franklin • Gadsden • Gilchrist • Glades • Gulf • Hamilton • Hardee • Hendry • Hernando • Highlands • Hillsborough • Holmes • Indian River • Jackson • Jefferson • Lafayette • Lake • Lee • Leon • Levy • Liberty • Madison • Manatee • Marion • Martin • Miami-Dade • Monroe • Nassau • Okaloosa • Okeechobee • Orange • Osceola • Palm Beach • Pasco • Pinellas • Polk • Putnam • Santa Rosa • Sarasota • Seminole • St. Johns • St. Lucie • Sumter • Suwannee • Taylor • Union • Volusia • Wakulla • Walton • Washington
Lists by city Other lists Municipalities and communities of Palm Beach County, Florida Cities Towns Villages CDPs
Belle Glade Camp | Boca Del Mar | Boca Pointe | Canal Point | Century Village | Cypress Lakes | Fremd Village-Padgett Island | Golden Lakes | Gun Club Estates | Hamptons at Boca Raton | High Point | Juno Ridge | Kings Point | Lake Belvedere Estates | Lake Harbor | Lake Worth Corridor | Lakeside Green | Limestone Creek | Mission Bay | Plantation Mobile Home Park | Royal Palm Estates | Sandalfoot Cove | Schall Circle | Seminole Manor | Stacey Street | Villages of Oriole | Westgate-Belvedere Homes | Whisper Walk
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.