- The Mike Malloy Show
The Mike Malloy Show Genre Progressive talk Running time Three hours Country United States Languages English Hosts Mike Malloy Creators Mike Malloy Exec. producers Kathy Bay Malloy Air dates since August 2, 2004 Website MikeMalloy.com
The Mike Malloy Show is a syndicated progressive radio talk show hosted by long-time radio personality Mike Malloy. Malloy came to talk radio in 1987, moving from his position as a writer and producer at CNN. He is married to producer Kathy Bay, with whom he has a daughter born in July, 2004. He has an additional five children, all grown, and five grandchildren.
The show features Malloy's extended monologues on the day's news and the people and events behind it, listener calls, and occasional guest interviews. He advocates for the Democratic Party to move to the left and to take more liberal and progressive stands. Malloy's radio style is very confrontational and sometimes controversial: he is an advocate for the open discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories, for the impeachment of George W. Bush and the ousting of what he calls "spineless democrats" from the U.S. Congress. Malloy refers to his audience as "Truthseekers". Malloy often collectively refers to George W. Bush, his father, and their associates as the "Bush Crime Family".
Malloy's show is currently self-syndicated. Until March 2009 it was syndicated by the Nova M Radio network. Previously, it was syndicated by Air America Radio, but Air America abruptly dropped the show on August 30, 2006. The Mike Malloy Show is currently carried by 13 broadcast stations, mostly on the West Coast, as well as XM satellite radio and Sirius satellite radio. Its broadcast originates from Atlanta, Georgia, though the minimal in-studio staff allows Malloy to broadcast from other locations when he travels. Malloy is the only radio talk show host in America to have received the A.I.R (Achievement in Radio) Award in both Chicago and New York City. Talkers Magazine included Malloy among the their list of "the 250 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America" but did not name him as one of the Heavy Hundred."
The show launched on August 2, 2004 and is broadcast live on weeknights from 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. Eastern Time on some Air America affiliates.
On January 2006, Malloy's show was removed from WLIB, Air America's New York City affiliate. He was replaced by the apolitical Satellite Sisters' show. On August 11, 2006, he announced his pending return to WLIB on September 1, 2006, barring no unforeseen difficulties. However, unforeseen difficulties did indeed arise.
On August 30, 2006 the following notice appeared on his web site:
“ MIKE MALLOY FIRED BY AIR AMERICA RADIO: There will be no Mike Malloy program today - or any day - on Air America Radio as we have been terminated. We are as shocked as you are. We are told it's a financial decision. More details to follow as we hear them ourselves. ”
At the time, Malloy was not doing his show, but substituting for Randi Rhodes on her show. In an interview on The Majority Report that aired on September 8, 2006, Mike explained that he was fired for "financial reasons." He said he was looking for another place to do his show, and while he would like to come back to Air America, he would never do so while the current management was in place due to the unprofessional way he was fired.
On Feb. 4, 2008 Los Angeles progressive talk radio station KTLK (AM) began airing the Mike Malloy show live 6-9pm.
- 1984 - Malloy read excerpts from George Orwell's classic novel during one segment of the show (usually in the last half-hour); lasted from January 2006 through May 2006.
- Cinco de Moron - The annual show on Cinco de Mayo that makes fun of the manner in which George W. Bush speaks Spanish. The 2006 show focused on the controversy surrounding Bush's opinion of singing the The Star-Spangled Banner in Spanish.
- Youth Night - The occasional show where Mike only takes phone calls from teenagers from 13 through 17 years of age.
- Uncle Mike's Story Corner - A depressing story, usually related to the war in Iraq, set to the theme song of Mister Roger's Neighborhood
- Who Stole the Kishka? - Mike starts playing the mentioned polka song and begins dancing to the music in the studio. 
Malloy is frequently heard employing a number of catch phrases that have become trademarks of his style, among them are:
- "Have I mentioned yet tonight how much I hate these people?" - In reference to right-wingers.
- "Maaaaaarge!" - Mike's excited introduction of Marge, a senior single mother from Merrillville, Indiana, who was a popular regular caller since Malloy's days at WLS. Marge died on June 23, 2010. 
- "Batsqueeze","Batsnot" - euphemism for the word "bullshit"
- "Press the Meat" - Malloy's name for the NBC news show Meet the Press
- "Rat Bastards", "Pigs", - In reference to right-wingers.
- "Bush Crime Family", - In reference to the Bush family and their chief supporters and surrogates
- "No offense to sex workers."- After using the word "whore" or related words.
- "Right-wing vermin" or "right-wing cockroaches"
- "Have a great weekend, Kevn Kinney, wherever you are."- After concluding the show on Fridays.
- Samuel Alito: Sammy 'The Fish' Alito
- Wolf Blitzer: Former German U-boat captain Vulf Blitza
- Glenn Beck : The Suicider, Psychopath
- John Boehner: John Boner
- George W. Bush: Chuckle Nuts, The Bush Bastard, Mensa Man, The Unelected Idiot, The Giggling Killer, President Bunny Pants, Raisin Brain, Dim Son, Man or Monkey, Weak and Stupid, Dipthong, The Toy President, Guaca-Moron, Cinco de Moron, Prince Valium, Too-Stupid-To-Wear-His-Pants-Forward, Too-Stupid-to-Be-President, Too-Stupid-to-Chew-a-Pretzel, Too-Stupid-to-Ride-a-Bicycle
- Laura Bush: Pickles, Princess Valium
- Dick Cheney: Darth Cheney, Cyborg Man, Bionic Man, Deadeye Dick, The Shooter
- Lynne Cheney: Lon Cheney, The Empress Of Evil, The Ghostess With The Mostess
- James Dobson: Devil Demon Dobson
- Charles Gibson: Media Whore Number Once (since the death of Tim Russert)
- Alberto Gonzales: Bush's Tejano, Torquemada, Gonzo
- Sean Hannity: The Piglet, The Baby Jesus, The Cockroach, Dumpster Boy
- Bobby Jindal: Piyush (Jindal's actual given name)
- Rush Limbaugh: The pig man, The Oxy-Moron
- Cindy McCain: Snake Eyes
- John McCain: Lumpy, G.I John, Insane McCain, McCrazy, Sarah Palin's Pimp
- Sarah Palin: Caribou Barbie, Lizard Lips, The Lipstick Pig Woman, Moose-olini, The Hoe from Wasilla
- Dana Perino: Too Much Cappuccino Perino, Deep Dana Thrombosis, Legally Bland, Spinderella, The Ditzy Chick, The Atomic Blond, The Neutron Blond, Buffy the Truth Slayer
- Rick Perry: Rick "Good Hair" Perry
- Ronald Reagan: Ronnie Reagoon
- Condoleezza Rice: The Schoolmarm, Condoleezza Valdeez, The Shoe Lady
- Donald Rumsfeld: Rumsferatu, Rumskull, The Ghoul, The Zen God of War
- Tim Russert: Media Whore Number One
- Michael Savage: Michael Wiener-Savage, The Savage Wiener
- Tony Snow: Foxy the Snowman, Snow Job
- George Stephanopoulos: Judas Stephanopoulos
On May 9, 2003, a weekly segment named Bush-Free Fridays was supposed to start on the show, where neither Malloy or any callers to the show would mention George W. Bush by name. The segment was not successful, as even Malloy himself at one point mentioned Bush by name and joked about leaving the studio during the show. 
On November 9, 2007, Malloy played a segment from The O'Reilly Factor where host Bill O'Reilly did a segment on Malloy, about a comment he had made earlier on the show about having "violence fantasies" about Scott McClellan and Dana Perino.  Malloy ridiculed O'Reilly on-air as the segment was playing, and later mentioned the case where a visitor on O'Reilly's blog said that "his guns were loaded" if Hillary Clinton should become President. 
On May 4, 2011, Malloy made remarks regarding the killing of Usama Bin Laden, stating:
All the death in Iraq was not caused by bin Laden. The death in Iraq was caused by George W. Bush. Five thousand Americans, tens of thousands permanently damaged and shot to pieces, a million Iraqis dead – that wasn’t bin Laden. That was George Bush. So when does Seal Unit 6, or whatever it’s called, drop in on George Bush? Bush was responsible for a lot more death, innocent death, than bin Laden.
The comment drew critical national attention.
- Host: Mike Malloy
- Executive Producer: Kathy Bay
- Associate Producer and Network Ops: Ian Gary Hough
- Webmaster: Ben Burch
- Opening theme
- Closing theme
The following stations syndicate The Mike Malloy Show either partially or in its entirety.
Calls Freq. Branding Format Market/Market Rank Timeslot Group Owner Satellite Stations SIRIUS
127 Sirius XM Left  Progressive talk United States
Live 9P-12A ET Sirius XM Radio Terrestrial Stations KTLK 1150 kHz K-Talk 1150  Progressive Talk Los Angeles, CA / 2 Tape 8P-10P PT Clear Channel Communications KKGN 960 kHz Green 960  Progressive talk San Francisco, CA / 4 Live 6P-9P PT Clear Channel Communications KPTK 1090 kHz Seattle's Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Seattle-Tacoma, WA / 14 Tape 9P-12A PT CBS Radio KPHX 1480 kHz The Valley's Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Phoenix, AZ / 15 Live 7P-10P MST (Winter)
Live 6P-9P MST (Summer)
Standard Media Group KTNF 950 kHz AM 950 Air America Minnesota  Progressive talk Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN / 20 Tape 12A-3A CT Jr Broadcasting KPOJ 620 kHz Portland's Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Portland, OR / 23 Tape 8P-11P PT Clear Channel Communications KABQ 1350 kHz Albuquerque's Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Albuquerque, NM / 68 Tape 10P-1A MT Clear Channel Communications WXXM 92.1 MHz Madison's Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Madison, WI / 95 Live 8P-11P CT
Clear Channel Communications WAAW 94.7 MHz Progressive Talk  Progressive talk Augusta, GA / 109 Begins in June Clear Channel Communications KYNS 1380 kHz Progressive Talk  Progressive talk San Luis Obispo, CA / 172 Tape 8P-11P PT Mapleton Communications KUDO 1080 kHz Alaska's Progressive Voice  Progressive talk Anchorage, AK / 176 Tape 7P-10P AKT International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers KGOE 1480 kHz KGOE 1480 AM  Talk Eureka, CA / N/M Live 7P-9P PT Bicoastal Media KPTR 1480 kHz The Coachella Valley's Progressive Voice  Progressive talk Palm Springs, CA / 129 Live 6P-9P PT
- ^ bush crime family tree
- ^ The Mike Malloy Show - Speaking Truth to Power
- ^ ‘Air America Radio’ Founders Launch New Liberal Network - Media Buyer Planner
- ^ King, Colbert (6 May 2011). "Caution: Words can inflame". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/caution_words_can_inflame/2011/05/06/AFjx47BG_story.html.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.