- Department of Justice (Hong Kong)
Department of Justice 律政司 Agency overview Headquarters 23rd Floor, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong Employees 1,084 Annual budget 949.2m HKD Agency executive Wong Yan Lung, SC, JP, Secretary for Justice Website www.doj.gov.hk
The Department of Justice (Chinese: 律政司) is the department responsible for the laws of Hong Kong headed by the Secretary for Justice. Before 1997, the names of the department and the position was the Legal Department (律政署) and Attorney General (律政司) respectively.
- Prosecutions Division (Hong Kong) - the prosecution in the majority of Court of First Instance and District Court
- Civil Division - headed by the Law Officer (Civil Law), provides legal advice on civil law to all Government bureaux and departments and represents the Government both as solicitors and as barristers in all civil litigation, including arbitrations
- Legal Policy Division - servicing the needs of the Solicitor General, and giving legal policy advice in respect of matters currently being considered by the Government
- Law Drafting Division - is responsible for drafting almost all legislation, and all Government subsidiary legislation
- International Law Division - is headed by the Law Officer (International Law) and provides advice on public international law to the Government and negotiates, or provides legal advisers on negotiations, for bilateral agreements. Also handles mutual judicial assistance matters.
- Administration and Development Division - is headed by the Director of Administration and Development
Politics and government of Hong Kong
Chief Executive: Donald Tsang
Chief Secretary: Stephen Lam
Financial Secretary: John Tsang
Secretary for Justice: Wong Yan-lung
Convenor of unofficials: Ronald Arculli
Bureaus, depts, etc.
Political Appointments Accountability System
President: Jasper Tsang
Court of Final Appeal
Chief Justice: Geoffrey Ma
Other Hong Kong topics Culture - Economy
Education - Geography - History
Hong Kong Portal
Office of the Chief Executive (Hong Kong)Director of the Chief Executive's Office: Gabriel Leung Secretary for Justice (Hong Kong)Secretary for Justice: Wong Yan LungDepartment of Justice
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.