- Hong Kong Housing Society
The Hong Kong Housing Society (zh-t|t=香港房屋協會) or Housing Society (房屋協會, 房協) for short, is the second largest
public housingprovider in Hong Kong(the first being the Hong Kong Housing Authority). The HKHS is a non-governmental organizationand non profit organizationthat was founded in 1948 by "members coming from all walks of life" with a donation of £14,000. The present chairman of the Hong Kong Housing Society is Yeung Ka-Sing (楊家聲) and the executive director is Wong Lai Chun (王麗珍). Their mission is to "serve the housing needs of the Hong Kong community and strive to be a world class organization". Customers, quality, talent and prudence are the core values that support its guiding principles. The society is the pioneer in many areas and it is also the leader or in a leading position in many organizations.
The Hong Kong Housing Society was established in
1948. Hong Kong, post- World War II, was in a devastating situation. One out of four people were homeless, and the population of refugees was growing at an alarming rate. Others were under poor housing conditions. In 1947, a donation of £14,000 was given by the Lord Mayor of the City of Londonand the Air Raid Distress fund to help start an organization that would alleviate Hong Kong's housing problem. Until now, about 67,000 units have been built. However, the mission has changed nowadays; the society now acts as a bridge between the government housing and the private market.
Some of the services that the HKHS provides are:
Sandwich Class Housing Scheme
*Housing Society Elderly Resources Centre
*Property Management and Commercial Leasing
*Building Management and Maintenance Scheme
*Hong Kong Housing Society Academy
Hong Kong Housing Authority
List of public housing estates in Hong Kong
* [http://www.hkhs.com Hong Kong Housing Society]
* [http://www.hplb.gov.hk/ Housing, Planning & Lands Bureau]
* [http://www.ura.org.hk/html/c100000e1e.html Urban Renewal Authority]
* [http://www.housingauthority.gov.hk/ Housing Authority and Housing Department]
* [http://www.whoms.net/ Whoms.Net property, news and haunted house search engine]
* [http://www.28hse.com/ Hong Kong Property Classifieds]
* [http://www.tibco.com/company/news/releases/press686.jsp Press releases]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.