- Ovarian artery
Artery: Ovarian artery Arteries of the female reproductive tract: uterine artery, ovarian artery and vaginal arteries. Ovary of a sheep.
2. tertiary follicle
3. proper ovarial ligament
4. fallopian tube
5. A. and V. ovarica
Latin arteria ovarica Gray's subject #154 603 Supplies ovaries, uterus Source abdominal aorta Branches tubal branches of ovarian artery Vein ovarian vein
In human anatomy, the ovarian artery is a blood vessel that supplies oxygenated blood to the ovary. It arises from the abdominal aorta below the renal artery, and does not pass out of the abdominal cavity. It can be found in the suspensory ligament of the ovary, anterior to the ovarian vein and ureter.
Relationship to internal spermatic
The origin and course of the first part of each artery are the same as those of the internal spermatic, but on arriving at the upper opening of the lesser pelvis the ovarian artery passes inward, between the two layers of the ovariopelvic ligament and of the broad ligament of the uterus, to be distributed to the ovary.
- ^ II, Anne M.R. Agur, Arthur F. Dalley (2009). Grant's atlas of anatomy. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp. 223. ISBN 9780781796040. http://books.google.com/books?id=H20V4pCpACYC&pg=PA233&lpg=PA114&dq=ureter+ovarian+ligament&source=bl&ots=UyofmKArY9&sig=sDjsOYcKEWpxoPd530jWhTTQFCw&hl=en&ei=Vdr0TcXaHOL30gHY2tDsDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CEsQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=ureter%20ovarian%20ligament&f=false.
- ^ Lampmann LE, Smeets AJ, Lohle PN. Uterine fibroids: targeted embolization, an update on technique. Abdom Imaging. 2003 Oct 31; PMID 14583818.
- "Anastomoses Between Utero - Ovarian Arteries, Variations" at anatomyatlases.org
- pelvis at The Anatomy Lesson by Wesley Norman (Georgetown University) (uterus)
- Human anatomy at Dartmouth figures/chapter_35/35-9.HTM
List of arteries of torso – abdomen (TA A12.2.12–15, GA 6.598) AAParietalAnteriorPosteriorvisceralterminal/
common iliacAnteriorvaginal branch ♀V/IVaccompanying of ischiadic nerve · crucial anastomosisPosteriorsee arteries of lower limbs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.