- List of banks in the People's Republic of China
Banks owned by the central government
Name Headquarters Agricultural Bank of China Beijing * Bank of China Beijing * Bank of Communications Shanghai China CITIC Bank Beijing China Construction Bank Beijing * China Development Bank Beijing Exim Bank of China Beijing Hua Xia Bank Beijing Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Beijing * People's Bank of China Beijing Central Bank of PRC Xiamen International Bank Xiamen State owned Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Postal Savings Bank of China Beijing
Banks owned by local governments
Name Headquarters Owner Bank of Beijing Beijing Beijing municipal government Bohai Bank Tianjin Tianjin municipal government China Merchants Bank Shenzhen Dalian Bank Dalian Shengjing Bank Shenyang Shenyang municipal government Bank of Jinzhou Jinzhou Bank of Jilin Changchun Harbin Bank Harbin Industrial Bank Fuzhou Fujian Provincial government Guangdong Development Bank Guangzhou Bank of Ningbo Ningbo Ningbo municipal government Ping An Bank Shenzhen State-owned Ping An Insurance Co. Bank of Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai municipal government Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Shanghai Shenzhen City Commercial Bank Shenzhen Shenzhen municipal government Shenzhen Development Bank Shenzhen Zhejiang Tailong Commercial Bank Taizhou Taizhou municipal government
Privately owned banks
- China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd.
- Taizhou City Commercial Bank
Banks incorporated in the Special Administrative Regions
- Wing Hang Bank Limited (Banco Weng Hang, S.A.)
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
- Bank of East Asia, Limited (The)
- China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Limited
- Chiyu Banking Corporation Limited
- Chong Hing Bank Limited
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
- CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited
- Columbia Bank Limited
- Dah Sing Bank Limited
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Fubon Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Hang Seng Bank Ltd.
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (The)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited
- MEVAS Bank Limited
- Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited
- Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Shanghai Commercial Bank Ltd.
- Standard Bank Asia Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Tai Sang Bank Ltd.
- Tai Yau Bank Ltd.
- Wing Lung Bank Limited
- Banco Comercial de Macau, S.A.
- Banco Espírito Santo Asia Limited - Banco Espirito Santo do Oriente, S.A.
- Banco Nacional Ultramarino, S.A. (National Overseas Bank)
- China Construction Bank (Macau) Corporation Limited - Banco de Construcao da China (Macau), S.A.
- Delta Asia Bank Limited - Banco Delta Ásia, S.A.R.L.
- Luso International Banking Limited - Banco Luso Internacional, S.A.
- Seng Heng Bank Limited #NAME?
- Tai Fung Bank Limited - Banco Tai Fung, S.A.R.L.
- The Macau Chinese Bank Ltd. - Banco Chinês de Macau, S.A.
- Temple Zone Asian Bank Ltd. - San Yung S.A.R.L
The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) announced on 24 December 2006 its approval for nine foreign-funded banks to start their preparatory work for setting up local corporations in China. Currently, even more banks have been able to incorporate locally in China.
- - Does not service individuals
- ABN AMRO (Netherlands) (now RBS China due to de-merging)
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- The Bank of East Asia (Hong Kong)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Japan) *
- Citibank (United States)
- DBS Bank (Singapore)
- Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong)
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (Hong Kong - see HSBC Bank (China))
- JPMorgan Chase Bank (United States) *
- Mizuho Corporate Bank (Japan) *
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (Singapore)
- United Overseas Bank (Singapore)
- Standard Chartered Bank (United Kingdom)
- Wing Hang Bank (Hong Kong)
- Dah Sing Bank (Hong Kong)
- Woori Bank (South Korea)
- Shinhan Bank (South Korea)
- Hana Bank (South Korea)
- Societe Generale (France)
- Bank of Montreal (Canada)
- List of banks
- List of companies in the People's Republic of China
- People's Bank of China - the central bank of the People's Republic of China
- "Microbanking in China" by Wang Kejin (APEC 2002 report)
Banks of the People's Republic of China Banking in China Central bank Policy bank State-owned CommercialChina CITIC Bank · China Everbright Bank · Hua Xia Bank · China Guangfa Bank · Shenzhen Development Bank · China Merchants Bank · Shanghai Pudong Development Bank · Industrial Bank Co. · China Minsheng Bank · Evergrowing Bank · China Zheshang Bank · China Bohai Bank · Xiamen International Bank · Ping An Bank
List of banks in the People's Republic of China · List of banks in Hong Kong· List of banks in Macau
List of banks in Asia Sovereign
- Burma (Myanmar)
- People's Republic of China
- East Timor (Timor-Leste)
- North Korea
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
States with limited
- Northern Cyprus
- Republic of China (Taiwan)
- South Ossetia
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.