Yonne — Department —
Coat of arms
Coordinates: Coordinates: Country France Region Burgundy Prefecture Auxerre Subprefectures Avallon
Government – President of the General Council Jean-Marie Rolland Area1 – Total 7,427 km2 (2,867.6 sq mi) Population (2007) – Total 352,585 – Rank 66th – Density 47.5/km2 (123/sq mi) Time zone CET (UTC+1) – Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2) Department number 89 Arrondissements 3 Cantons 42 Communes 454 ^1 French Land Register data, which exclude estuaries, and lakes, ponds, and glaciers larger than 1 km2
Yonne (French pronunciation: [jɔn]) is a French department named after the Yonne River. It is one of the four constituent departments of Burgundy in eastern France and its prefecture (capital) is Auxerre. Its official number is 89.
It elects three members of parliament to the National Assembly - in the 2002-7 parliamentary term, all three are drawn from the right-wing Union for a Popular Movement (UMP). Its two senators also represent the UMP.
- Cantons of the Yonne department
- Communes of the Yonne department
- Arrondissements of the Yonne department
- (French) Prefecture website
- (French) General Council website
- (English) Yonne at the Open Directory Project
- (French) Wild Flowers from Yonne (Burgundy)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.