Loiret — Department —
Coat of arms
Coordinates: Coordinates: Country France Region Centre Prefecture Orléans Subprefectures Montargis
Government – President of the General Council Eric Doligé (UMP) Area1 – Total 6,775 km2 (2,615.8 sq mi) Population (2007) – Total 647,733 – Rank 35th – Density 95.6/km2 (247.6/sq mi) Time zone CET (UTC+1) – Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2) Department number 45 Arrondissements 3 Cantons 41 Communes 334 ^1 French Land Register data, which exclude estuaries, and lakes, ponds, and glaciers larger than 1 km2
The department is named after the river Loiret, a tributary of the Loire. The Loiret is located wholly within the department.
- Cantons of the Loiret department
- Communes of the Loiret department
- Arrondissements of the Loiret department
- (French) Prefecture website
- (French) General Council website
- (English) Loiret Tourism Guide
- (English) Loiret at the Open Directory Project
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.