- Danville Township, Vermilion County, Illinois
Danville Township — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Illinois County Vermilion Created 1851 Area - Total 50.01 sq mi (129.52 km2) - Land 49.35 sq mi (127.81 km2) - Water 0.66 sq mi (1.72 km2) 1.33% Elevation 577 ft (176 m) Population (2000) - Total 34,094 - Density 690.9/sq mi (266.8/km2) Time zone CST (UTC-6) - Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) GNIS feature ID 0428873
Danville Township is a township in Vermilion County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 34,094. Danville Area Community College and the Illinois Department Of Corrections Danville Correctional Facility are in this township.
Danville Township was one of the eight townships created in 1851.
Danville Township covers an area of 50.01 square miles (129.5 km2); of this, 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2) or 1.33 percent is water.
Cities and towns
- Belgium (north three-quarters)
- Danville (the county seat) (southern portion)
- Westville (north edge)
- Beeler Terrace
- Grape Creek
- South Danville
- Vermilion Heights
- Newell Township (north)
- Highland Township, Vermillion County, Indiana (east)
- Mound Township, Warren County, Indiana (east)
- Georgetown Township (south)
- McKendree Township (south)
- Catlin Township (southwest)
- Oakwood Township (west)
- Blount Township (northwest)
The township contains these cemeteries: Atherton, Danville National, Forse, Greenwood, Hooten, Langley, Lutheran, Lynch, Oakhill, Parish, Saint Patrick's and Sandhill.
Airports and landing strips
- Danville Correctional Center Heliport
- Lakeview Medical Center Heliport
- Catlin Community Unit School District 5
- Danville Community Consolidated School District 118
- Oakwood Community Unit School District 76
- Westville Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 104
- State Senate District 52
Municipalities and communities of Vermilion County, Illinois County seat: Danville Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.