- Metro footy
Metro Footy (or Metro Rules Footy) is a modified version of Australian rules football rules played on gridiron football, rugby or Association football fields, predominantly in the United States of America. The reasons for the development of Metro Footy was partly due to there being few grounds large enough for traditional Australian rules matches, but also to allow competitive football to be played with smaller playing numbers, allowing for better recruitment possibilities.
Teams typically consist of 9-a-side on a 110 x 50 metre field. The teams that play feed into larger 18-a-side Australian rules representative teams that participate in leagues such as the MAAFL or tournaments such as the USAFL National Championships and also provide the opportunity to introduce new American players to the game of Australian rules fotoball.
Several clubs from the United States Australian Football League participate in Metro Footy.
Metro Footy Leagues
- Arizona Australian Rules Football League (AZAFL)
- Atlanta Metro Footy League
- Baltimore Washington Eagles Metro Competition
- Boston Demons Australian Rules Football Club
- Chicago Australian Football Association
- Dallas Ozball Touch Competition
- Denver Metro Footy League
- Florida Metro Footy League
- Fort Irwin League
- Kansas City Metro Footy League
- Milwaukee Metro League
- Nashville Australian Football League
- New England Metropolitan Australian Rules Football League
- New York Metro Footy League
- North Carolina Metro Footy League (NCAFL)
- Philadelphia Metro Footy League
- Portland Metro Footy League
- San Diego Metro Footy League
- Seattle Metro Footy League
- Southern California Australian Football League (SCAFL)
- Southern Ontario Australian Football League (SOAFL)
- Texas Australian Football League (TXAFL)
- Western Pennsylvania Australian Football Metro League (WPAFML)
Interdependent team sports Sport · Governing bodies · Sportspeople · National sport Basket sports Football codesGridiron codesHybrid codesMedieval football codesRugby codes Handball sports Safe haven sports Stick and ball sportsHockey sportsPolo sports Ball over a net sports Other sportsAirsoft · Basque pelota (frontenis, jai alai, xare) · Buzkashi · Curling · Cycle ball · Dodgeball · Gateball · Kabaddi · Kho kho · Lagori · Paintball · Pétanque · Rollball · Roller derby · Tchoukball · Ulama · Ultimate · Underwater rugby · Water polo (inner tube) · Wheelchair rugby · Underwater football · Whirlyball Australian rules football in the United States Governing body Promotional body National team Representative competitions Major leagues Women's leagues Clubs in the United States Australian Football League
Arizona | Atlanta | Austin | Baltimore Washington | Bakersfield | Baton Rouge | Boston | Buffalo | Cincinnati | Chicago | Colorado Springs | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Florida | Fort Lauderdale | Golden Gate | Green Mountain | Illinois | Inland Empire | Kansas City | Las Vegas | Lehigh Valley | Louisville | Los Angeles | Milwaukee | Minnesota | Mojave | Nashville | New York | North Carolina | Orange County | Philadelphia | Pheonix | Pittsburgh | Portland | Rocky Mountain | Salt Lake City | San Diego | Santa Cruz | Seattle | South Carolina | St. Louis | Tucson | Vermont
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.