Torball is a
sportfor the blindand visually impaired. It is played by two teams on opposite sides of an indoor playing field. Each team consists of 3 players. In the middle part of the field there are 3 cords stretched across the entire width. On each end of the playing field is a goal that also stretches the entire width (7 meters) of the field. The playing ball is similar to a soccer ball with bells inside so that it can be heard when it is rolling across the playing field.
The object of the game is to score as many goals as possible by rolling the ball under the 3 cords into the goal of the opposing team. The 3 player teams are both attackers and defenders during the two five-minute periods. If the ball touches one of the 3 cords, a penalty is called, where one player leaves the field and the remaining 2 players must try and defend their goal for one ‘throw’ by the opposing team.
Official IBSA Torball Rules
The current (2006 - 2009) official rules for Torball may be downloaded from the
International Blind Sports Federationwebsite.
* [http://www.torball.org Official website of Torball]
* [http://www.ibsa.es/eng/deportes/torball/reglamento.htm 2006 - 2009 Official Torball Rules]
* [http://www.ibsa.es International Blind Sport Federation (IBSA)]
* [http://www.blindensport.at Austrian Sport Organization for the Blind]
* [http://www.plusport.ch Swiss Association for the Impaired People]
* [http://www.meanblind.moldnet.md M.E.A.N. Blind Association from Moldova Republic]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.