- Coldstream, Victoria
Population: 2403 (2006) Postcode: 3770 Elevation: 152 m (499 ft) Location: LGA: Shire of Yarra Ranges State District: Evelyn Federal Division: Casey Localities around Coldstream: Yering Yarra Glen Healesville Bend of Islands Coldstream Gruyere Chirnside Park Lilydale Wandin North
Coldstream is a locality and township within Greater Melbourne beyond the Melbourne metropolitan area Urban Growth Boundary, 36 km north-east from Melbourne's central business district. Its Local Government Area is the Shire of Yarra Ranges. At the 2006 Census, Coldstream had a population of 2403.
In 1909, Dame Nellie Melba bought Coombe Cottage at Coldstream. The house is located at the junction of Maroondah Highway and Melba Highway (named in her honour) and is now the home of Melba's granddaughter.
Coldstream has a local primary school, community centre, landfill and several farms. The Coldstream Timber and Hardware company have premises on Maroondah Highway. Coldstream is also home to Coldstream Brewery, which opened in June 2007. It had a railway station that was used for freight purposes up until the 1990s, but it has since been closed and the buildings demolished.
Coldstream Airfield is owned by the Doake Family and has been in operation since the early 1960s. It is home to:—
- a flying school currently operated by the Coldstream Flying School, now operating as Yarra Valley Flight Training. 
- Private pilots meet at Coldstream Flyers Club Inc.
- ACMA (Australian College of Mission Aviation)
- and many Private planes
Coldstream has an active CFA (Country Fire Authority) volunteer fire brigade established after the serious fires of 1962. This was essentially a name change from the Lilydale Rural Fire Brigade originally established in 1939. More information on the Coldstream Fire Brigade is available here: 
On clear winter mornings Coldstream is one of the coldest places around Melbourne, with the temperature dropping below 0°C (32°F) on several mornings each year (it very rarely drops below 2°C in the centre of Melbourne). Overall, the daily minimum temperatures are even lower than nearby Mount Dandenong despite being much closer to sea level.
A private automatic weather station is maintained in the Coldstream Estate and current weather conditions can be found by searching the following link. 
- ^ Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Coldstream (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABSNavigation/prenav/LocationSearch?collection=Census&period=2006&areacode=SSC25377&producttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- ^ Urban Growth Boundary map
- ^ Premier Postal History, Post Office List, https://www.premierpostal.com/cgi-bin/wsProd.sh/Viewpocdwrapper.p?SortBy=VIC&country=, retrieved 2008-04-11
- ^ Full Point Footy, Eastern Football League, http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/eastern_football_league.htm, retrieved 2008-10-21
- Coldstream Flyers Club Inc., Coldstream.
- Coldstream Primary School
- Coldstream Flying School.
- Yarra Valley Flight Training , Coldstream.
- Yarra Valley Aero Club , Lilydale.
- Australian Places - Coldstream
- Coldstream Estate Weather Station
- Coldstream Fire Brigade
Badger Creek | Beenak | Belgrave | Belgrave Heights | Belgrave South | Big Pats Creek | Cambarville | Chirnside Park | Chum Creek | Coldstream | Dixons Creek | Don Valley | Fernshaw | Ferny Creek | Ferntree Gully | Gilderoy | Gladysdale | Gruyere | Healesville | Hoddles Creek | Kallista | Kalorama | Kilsyth | Launching Place | Lilydale | Macclesfield | McMahons Creek | Matlock | Menzies Creek | Millgrove | Monbulk | Montrose | Mooroolbark | Mount Dandenong | Mount Evelyn | Mount Toolebewong | Narre Warren East | Olinda | Powelltown | Reefton | Sassafras | Selby | Seville | Seville East | Sherbrooke | Silvan | Steels Creek | Tarrawarra | Tecoma | The Patch | Three Bridges | Toorongo | Tremont | Upper Ferntree Gully | Upwey | Wandin East | Wandin North | Warburton | Warburton East | Wesburn | Woori Yallock | Yarra Glen | Yarra Junction | Yellingbo | Yering
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.