- Unorganized North Cochrane District
Unorganized Cochrane North Part — Unorganized territory — Otter Rapids Generating Station on the Abitibi River Coordinates: Coordinates: Country Canada Province Ontario District Cochrane Settled Government – Federal riding Timmins—James Bay – Prov. riding Timmins—James Bay Area – Land 131,706.99 km2 (50,852.4 sq mi) Population (2006) – Total 2,447 – Density 0.0/km2 (0/sq mi) Time zone EST (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) Postal Code Area code(s) 705
Unorganized Cochrane North Part is an unorganized area in the District of Cochrane in northeastern Ontario, Canada. It comprises all parts of the district north of Timmins and Iroquois Falls which are not part of an incorporated municipality.
The territory includes the communities of Abitibi Canyon, Brower, Calstock, Coppell, Departure Lake, Driftwood, Eades, Fraserdale, Frederick, Gardiner, Ghost River, Hallebourg, Hunta, Jogues, Kitigan, Lac-Sainte-Thérèse, Low Bush River, Mead, Moose Factory (partial), Norembega, Pagwa River, Smoky Falls and Tunis.
- Population: 2,447 (2001 to 2006 population change: -24.4 %)
- Dwellings: 1,870
- Area (km².): 131,706.99
- Density (persons per km².): 0.0186
- Population in 2006: 2447
- Population in 2001: 3237
- Population in 1996: 4187 (or 3702 when adjusted to 2001 boundaries)
- Population in 1991: 4020
Private dwellings, excluding seasonal cottages: 980 (total: 1870)
- English as first language: 32.2 %
- French as first language: 64.3 %
- English and French as first language: 0.8 %
- Other as first language: 2.7 %
City Towns Townships First Nations reserves Unorganized territoriesSee also: Communities in Cochrane District • Census divisions of Ontario
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.