- Champawat district
— district — Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Uttarakhand Division Kumaon Headquarters Champawat Population
• 126 /km2 (326 /sq mi)
Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area 1,781 square kilometres (688 sq mi) Website champawat.nic.in
Champawat District is part of the eastern Kumaon Division of Uttarakhand. It is bounded on the north by Pithoragarh District, on the east by Nepal, on the south by Udham Singh Nagar District, on the west by Nainital District, and on the northwest by Almora District.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Champawat one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the three districts in Uttaranchal currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Champawat district has a population of 259,315 , roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 579th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 147 inhabitants per square kilometre (380 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 15.49 %. Champawat has a sex ratio of 981 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 80.73 %.
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Official website
- Champawat District Map
- Kumaoni.org - Information on Kumaon Region and Community
- More about Champawat District at aboutUttarakhand.com
Almora district Pithoragarh district Nainital district Nepal Champawat district Udham Singh Nagar district Cities and towns in Champawat district Champawat Cities and towns
in other districts
Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand Kumaon division Garhwal division Hindu Temples in Uttarakhand Almora Chamoli Champawat Dehradun Haridwar Nainital Pauri Garhwal Rudraprayag Tehri Garhwal Udham Singh Nagar
Moteshwar Mahadev • Maa Balsundari • Nagnath Temple
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.