- Martin Fowler
Martin Fowler Born 1963 (age 47–48)
Home town Melrose, Massachusetts Website martinfowler.com
Martin Fowler is an author and international speaker on software development, specializing in object-oriented analysis and design, UML, patterns, and agile software development methodologies, including extreme programming.
Martin Fowler started working with software in the early 1980s and has written six books on the topic of software development (see Publications). In March 2000, he became Chief Scientist at ThoughtWorks, a systems integration and consulting company.
Fowler is a member of the Agile Alliance and helped create the Manifesto for Agile Software Development in 2001, along with more than 15 co-authors. He maintains a bliki, a mix of blog and wiki. He popularized the term Dependency Injection as a form of Inversion of Control.
He went to Queen Mary's Grammar School for his secondary education.
- Fowler, Martin. Analysis Patterns: Reusable Object Models. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-89542-0.
- Fowler, Martin; Kent Beck. Planning Extreme Programming. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-71091-9.
- Fowler, Martin (September 2003). UML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Standard Object Modeling Language (3rd ed. ed.). Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-321-19368-7.
- Fowler, Martin; Kent Beck, John Brant, William Opdyke, and Don Roberts (June 1999). Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-48567-2.
- Fowler, Martin; David Rice, Matthew Foemmel, Edward Hieatt, Robert Mee, and Randy Stafford (November 2002). Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-321-12742-0. (Jolt productivity award 2003 )
- Fowler, Martin (September 2010). Domain-Specific Languages. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 978-0-321-71294-3.
- Keynote at RailsConf 2006
- An Introduction to Language Oriented Programming at JAOO 2006
- The Yawning Crevasse of Doom at QCon London 2007 (with Dan North)
- Does My Bus Look Big In This? at QCon London 2008 (with Jim Webber)
- Forging a New Alliance at ThoughtWorks Quarterly Technology Briefing, October 2008 (with Scott Shaw)
- Agilists and Architects: Allies not Adversaries at QCon San Francisco 2008 (with Rebecca Parsons)
- Technology in the Obama Campaign at QCon London 2009 (with Zack Exley)
- Three Years of Real-World Ruby at QCon London 2009
Software engineering Fields Concepts Orientations ModelsDevelopment modelsOther modelsModeling languages Software
- Kent Beck
- Grady Booch
- Fred Brooks
- Barry Boehm
- Ward Cunningham
- Ole-Johan Dahl
- Tom DeMarco
- Martin Fowler
- C. A. R. Hoare
- Watts Humphrey
- Michael A. Jackson
- Ivar Jacobson
- Craig Larman
- James Martin
- Bertrand Meyer
- David Parnas
- Winston W. Royce
- Colette Rolland
- James Rumbaugh
- Niklaus Wirth
- Edward Yourdon
- Victor Basili
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.