- Dove (chocolate)
The name comes from Dove Candies & Ice Cream, which were Chicago sweet shops owned by Leo Stefanos, a Greek-American. In 1956, Stefanos created the Dove brand of ice cream bars, which were only sold locally in Chicago until 1985 when distribution began in selected cities around the country. The Galaxy brand was first launched in the UK in 1960. In 1986, the company was acquired by Mars, Incorporated.
The Galaxy and Dove brands cover a wide range of products including chocolate bars in milk chocolate, Caramel and Fruit & Nut varieties, Minstrels, Ripple (milk chocolate with a folded or "rippled" milk chocolate centre), Amicelli, Duetto, Promises, and Truffle. Related brands in other parts of the world include "Jewels", and "Senzi" in the Middle East. The Galaxy and Dove brands also market a wide range of products including ready-to-drink chocolate milk, hot chocolate powder, chocolate cakes, ice cream and more. The Dove brand is known for the messages written on the inside of the foil wrapper of each individual chocolate piece.
- Dove Individuals
- Dove Caramel
- Dove Milk Chocolate Large Bar
- Dove Dark Chocolate Large Bar
- Dove Extra Dark Chocolate 63% CACAO Large Bar
- Dove Milk Chocolate with Almonds Large Bar
- Dove Milk Chocolate Singles Bar
- Dove Dark Chocolate Singles Bar
- Dove Milk Chocolate Miniatures
- Dove Dark Chocolate Miniatures
- Dove Ice Cream Bars
- Dove Cookies
- Dove Sugar Free Chocolates
- Dove Truffle (Discontinued In 2011 In Celebrations,Replaced By Twix)
- ^ Zeldes, Leah A. (19 October 2009). "DoveBar's sweet Chicago success story". Dining Chicago. Chicago's Restaurant & Entertainment Guide, Inc.. http://blog.diningchicago.com/2009/10/19/dovebars-sweet-chicago-success-story/. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- ^ Leib, Jeffrey A. (1985-07-05). "The latest cult in ice cream". Select.nytimes.com. http://select.nytimes.com/search/restricted/article?res=F20C12F7345D0C768CDDAE0894DD484D81. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- ^ "Mars Acquires The Dove Bar". New York Times. 1986-08-12. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0DE6DE153DF931A2575BC0A960948260. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Dove Chocolate web site - North America
- Mars, Incorporated corporate website
- Galaxy UK advert from 1980 on YouTube
- Galaxy advert from the late 1980s on YouTube
- 1987 UK Galaxy TV commercial
Mars, Incorporated Mars familyBrands Chocolate Petcare Food DrinkFlavia · Klix Wrigley gum and
confectionsWith sugarSugarfreeWith sugarSugarfree
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.