- List of John Carroll University people
This is a list of people associated with John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio. This includes faculty, alumni, staff, and former university Presidents. John Carroll University is a private, co-educational Jesuit university in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area in the United States. The university was founded as Saint Ignatius College by the Society of Jesus. A member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, John Carroll was founded in 1886. The University enrolls approximately 4,000 students per year.
- Tim Russert - Former NBC News Washington Bureau Chief and Host and Moderator of Meet the Press; University's Department of Communications and Theatre Arts renamed in his honor May 2009 
- Paisley Dodds AP London Bureau chief
- Mary Ann Ahern - Political Reporter, NBC5 Chicago 
- Sara Bloomfield - Director, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (M.A. from John Carroll University)
- Frank D. Celebrezze I - American politician, brother of Anthony Celebrezze
- Anne C. Conway - Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- John Cranley - Former candidate, United States House of Representatives; City Council, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Timothy J. DeGeeter - State Representative, Ohio Legislature
- Timothy Grendell - Member, Ohio Senate
- Donald J. McConnell - Former United States Ambassador to Eritrea
- Tom Murphy - Former Mayor of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Mary Rose Oakar - Former Congresswoman (M.A. from John Carroll University)
- Jon Powers - American politician, U.S. Army Captain, and founder of War Kids Relief
- Paweł Wojciechowski - Polish economist and former Polish Minister of Finance
- Carter Ham - General, United States Army, currently serving as Commanding General, U.S. Army, Europe
- John D. Lavelle - General, United States Air Force, 4 stars restored by President Barack Obama, 2010.
- Robert Stall - Major General, United States Army Reserve, Commanding General, 108th Training Command (Initial Entry Training)
- Carl E. Walz - United States colonel (Ret.) and astronaut (M.S. from John Carroll University)
- Peter Anthony - CEO of UGN, Manufacturer of sound systems for the automotive industry
- John Boler - Chairman, President & CEO of Boler Co.(see Hendrickson International)
- Jack Breen - Former CEO of Sherwin-Williams
- Bob Dickinson - CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines
- Charles Dolan - Founder and CEO of Cablevision
- Timothy Donahue - Former Executive Chairman of Sprint Nextel
- Howard W. "Hoddy" Hanna, III - Chairman and CEO of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Inc.
- Richard Kramer - CEO of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company 
- James Myers - CEO of PETCO
- Kathleen O'Neil - Former EVP, Advisor to the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Nicholas Orlando - Co-owner, and President of Orlando Baking Company from 1970 to 2004.
- John Pellegrene - Former EVP Marketing, Target Corporation
- Michael Petras - Former President & CEO of GE Global Lighting & Industrial
- John Rooney - Former President and CEO of U.S. Cellular
- Anthony Cafaro Jr. - Co-President Cafaro Company (largest privately owned shopping center development & management company in the U.S.)
- Tom Arth - Professional football player, Indianapolis Colts and Green Bay Packers
- Nick Caserio - Professional football assistant coach, New England Patriots, wide receivers coach
- Enrique Ecker - Former NFL player
- London Fletcher-Baker - Professional football player, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, and Washington Redskins.
- Josh McDaniels - Offensive Coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, Former head coach for the Denver Broncos
- Dominique Moceanu - Gold medalist, gymnastics, 1996 Summer Olympics
- Brian Polian - Special Team Coach, Stanford
- Chris Polian - Vice President and General Manager, Indianapolis Colts
- Chuck Priefer - Assistant Coach, NFL
- Greg Roman - Offensive Coordinator, San Francisco 49ers
- Don Shula - Professional football player and Hall of Fame coach, Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins
- Carl Taseff - Professional football player and coach, Baltimore Colts, Buffalo Bills, and Miami Dolphins
- Anthony Pilla - retired Bishop, Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Anthony Edward Pevec - retired Auxiliary Bishop, Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Donald Edmond Pelotte - Bishop, Diocese of Gallup, New Mexico
- Rev. Timothy P. Kesicki, S.J. - Provincial, Chicago and Detroit Provinces of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits; former President of Saint Ignatius High School (Cleveland)
- Neil Buckon, D.D. - Episcopal Vicar for the West Coast
- Paul A. Fleury - Dean, Yale University School of Engineering
- John G. Peters - President, Northern Illinois University
- Kevin Granata - Associate professor in the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University who was a victim of the Virginia Tech massacre. Started his B.S. at JCU before transferring to Ohio State University.
- James Danko - President, Butler University; Former Dean, Villanova University, Villanova School of Business
- John Hardon - Jesuit priest, theologian, and intellectual
- Beth LaGamba - Golden Apple Award Winner 2003
- Fred Prestello - President, LeMoyne College
- John Peters - President, Northern Illinois University
Arts and entertainment
- Elizabeth Becka (aka Lisa Black) - Mystery Author   
- Eric Carmen - Singer, musician
- Brian P. Cleary - Author of more than 25 children's books
- Jack Riley - Comedic actor
- Kurt Broz - award-winning writer, actor ("The Slasher", "Garbage Head", "The White Russian")
- David Ferrie - Alleged by New Orleans district attorney, Jim Garrison, to have been involved in assassination of John F. Kennedy
- Francesco Cesareo - President, Assumption College, former professor of history at John Carroll University
- Vincent Dethier - Insect physiologist and entomologist
- Sarah Willis - writer and novelist
- George Bilgere - poet
- Steven Hayward - novelist and short story writer
- Charles Geschke - co-founder of Adobe Systems Inc. 
- ^ "John Carroll University - Tim Russert Department of Communication and Theatre Arts". http://www.jcu.edu/communications/.
- ^ "Mary Ann Ahern". http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/about-us/Mary-Ann_Ahern.html.
- ^ "Office of the President - John Carroll University". http://www.jcu.edu/president/board.htm.
- ^ "Nick Orlando, Co-owner of Cleveland's Orlando Baking Co.". January 14, 2008. http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news-1/120030315718030.xml&coll=2.
- ^ "University Advancement - John Carroll University". http://www.jcu.edu/advancement/notablealums.asp.
- ^ "Lisa Black: About the Author: HarperCollins Publishers". http://www.harpercollins.com/author/microsite/About.aspx?authorid=33729.
- ^ "Elizabeth Becka « Hyperion Books". http://www.hyperionbooks.com/bio/elizabeth-becka/.
- ^ "Santa Clara University - Charles Geschke Biography". http://www.scu.edu/ethics-center/advisoryboard/charles-bio.cfm.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.