- Oh, by the Way
Oh, by the Way Box set by Pink Floyd Released 10 December 2007 Recorded 1967–1994 Genre Progressive rock, psychedelic rock Length 12:05:27  Language English Label EMI Producer Bob Ezrin, David Gilmour, James Guthrie, Michael Kamen, Norman Smith, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters Pink Floyd compilations chronology Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd
Oh, by the Way
Back cover Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Pitchfork Media (4.0/10)
Oh, by the Way is a compilation box set by Pink Floyd released on 10 December 2007, by EMI Records in the United Kingdom and the following day in the United States through Capitol Records. The box set includes all fourteen of their standard studio albums, packaged as mini-vinyl replicas. In addition to the albums, and their extras, the set comes with a specially designed 40th Anniversary poster by Storm Thorgerson, featuring 40 Pink Floyd images. The title is a reference to a line in the song "Have a Cigar": "Oh by the way, which one's Pink?" The box cover consists of a concept similar to that of Ummagumma—one side of the box shows a picture of a room with various objects scattered about inside it, with pictures of the main band members (Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright) on the walls, whilst the other side shows the same room in different lighting, with the objects and pictures of band members rearranged. Supposed to be limited to 10,000 sets.
Albums, packaging format, and original release date. Refer to original albums for track lists, personnel lists, and production credits.
- The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (single wallet) August 1967
- A Saucerful of Secrets (single wallet) June 1968
- Soundtrack from the Film More (single wallet) July 1969
- Ummagumma (gatefold, two discs) October 1969
- Atom Heart Mother (gatefold) October 1970
- Meddle (gatefold) November 1971
- Obscured by Clouds (single wallet rounded corners) June 1972
- The Dark Side of the Moon (gatefold, two posters, and two stickers) March 1973
- Wish You Were Here (single wallet, liner, postcard, black shrink wrap) September 1975
- Animals (gatefold) February 1977
- The Wall (gatefold, two discs) December 1979
- The Final Cut (gatefold) April 1983 (version with 2004 track list)
- A Momentary Lapse of Reason (gatefold) September 1987
- The Division Bell (gatefold) April 1994
- James Guthrie – remastering production
- Aubrey Powell – sleeve design
- Doug Sax – remastering
- Storm Thorgerson – sleeve design
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Way-Studio-Album-Boxset/dp/B002ZATSY2/ref=tmm_msc_title_0
- ^ "Allmusic review". http://www.allmusic.com/album/r1244085/review.
- ^ "Pitchfork review". http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/reviews/albums/10968-oh-by-the-way/.
- ^ Rolling Stone : “Oh By The Way”: Pink Floyd Celebrate Belated 40th Anniversary With Mega Box Set
- ^ Massive Pink Floyd Box Due In December
- ^ Amazon.com: Oh By the Way: Box Set (14CD): Music: Pink Floyd
- ^ Pitchfork: Pink Floyd Studio Catalogue Reissued in Box Set
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.