Voiced by Noda Junko (Japanese)
Derek Stephen Prince (English), Steven Blum (English, armor forms)
Partner(s) Davis Motomiya
"Veemon" is the name that all members of this particular Digimon species share. There are several different Veemon that appear in various Digimon anime and manga series.
The Veemon of Digimon Adventure 02 also appears in all the Digimon Adventure 02 related movies.
Veemon is a 2-foot-tall (0.61 m) humanoid lizard-like creature. He has mostly blue skin, with a white belly and mouth. Veemon's head is large and roughly spherical, with two conical fleshy appendages attached to the back, possibly acting as ears. A small horn pokes where his nose would be.
Veemon is a main character in Digimon Adventure 02, and also appears in its two related movies The Golden Digimentals and Diablomon Strikes Back. Veemon does not digivolve to his natural ultimate, and mega in the season 2 which are AeroVeedramon and UlforceVeedramon.
Veemon, along with Hawkmon and Armadillomon, are the three Digimon of ancient times who were sealed away by the Sovereign Azulongmon, to be awakened again in a time of crisis. Veemon was freed in the first episode of Digimon Adventure 02 when Davis lifted the Digi-Egg of Courage.
Throughout Digimon Adventure 02, Veemon gains the ability to assume three different Armor forms – one from each of the three Digi-Eggs that his partner Davis acquires. After the defeat of the Digimon Emperor, Veemon's other champion form, ExVeemon, is unlocked, as well as the ability to DNA Digivolve with Stingmon.
In Diablomon Strikes Back, Veemon (in the form of Imperialdramon) is able to reach the Imperialdramon Paladin Mode form after Omnimon donated its power to Imperialdramon. Veemon appears in Digimon Data Squad.
In the episode "Davis Cries Wolfmon", Veemon appears to develop a crush on Kari Kamiya's Gatomon, more than likely influenced by his partner's not-so-secret crush on Kari. This is further inforced when Ken Ichijouji makes a comment that Veemon could try to "get Gatomon under the mistletoe" when he invited everyone to his Christmas party. Because the "get Gatomon under the mistletoe" comment was only mentioned on the US dub and not in the original Japanese version it is not precisely cannon since Ken did not know about Veemon's crush on Gatomon, mostly since Ken rarely was with the others after he was defeated due to feeling guilty.
- Vee-Headbutt: (V-mon Head): Charges and headbutts the opponent with tremendous force.
- Vee-Knockout: (Boom Boom Punch): Spins arms like windmills and punches rapidly.
- Vee-Punch: Charges a punch then hits the opponents with full power.
The name "Veemon" refers to only the rookie form of this digimon. Throughout the series, Veemon gains the ability to Digivolve into a number of more powerful forms (each with a different name). The rookie form, however, is its most common and preferred form.
The name 'Flamedramon' comes from 'flame' and 'dra' as in dragon.
Flamedramon, the "Fire of Courage", is the form that Veemon takes when he Armor Digivolves using the Digi-egg of Courage.
Flamedramon is apparently a tribute to Agumon and his Digivolutions (Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon).
Flamedramon was Veemon's very first Digivolution, achieved almost as soon as Veemon was unsealed in the first episode of Digimon Adventure 02. Davis's will to protect Kari from an attacking Monochromon initially evoked the Digi-Egg's power, allowing Veemon to Armor Digivolve into Flamedramon to destroy Monochromon's Dark Ring.
After Ken renounced his evil persona, Veemon gained the ability to reach his natural champion form, ExVeemon. ExVeemon took over the role of being Veemon's primary fighting form, and Flamedramon appeared again only a few more times.
Flamedramon made his last appearance in the Digimon Adventure 02 finale when the cast was transported to a dimension where (according to Gennai) "wishes can become reality". Here, Veemon was able to Digivolve into all of his forms (except Magnamon) at once.
- Fire Rocket: Flamedramon's primary attack. He surrounds himself in an aura of fire and then shoots himself towards his opponent like a rocket. In the English dub, he also shoots fireballs from his fist.
- Fire Knuckle (Knuckle Fire): In the Japanese version, this was the attack that shot fireballs from Flamedramon's fist.
- Flame Fist: Only used once or twice.
- Flame Shield: creates ball of fire around himself and hits the enemy with a full body tackle.
Chibomon is the fresh form of Veemon. Chibomon appears when Paildramon loses so much power that Veemon and Wormmon are no longer able to maintain their Rookie forms, though upon digivolving to Imperialdramon with the cores of Azulongmon, he could maintain his rookie form no matter how high the energy loss.
- Bubble Blow (Acid Bubbles): An attack that involves firing bubbles from its mouth.
DemiVeemon, known as Chibimon in the original, is Veemon's In-Training form. The name "DemiVeemon" comes from the word "Demi", meaning half; and "Vee", referring to the yellow "V" present on Veemon's forehead. In "Chibimon", the word chibi means "small person" or "short person".
Veemon takes on his In-Training form whenever he returns to the Real World with Davis. DemiVeemon also sometimes appears when Veemon is forced to de-digivolve after a particularly difficult battle, such as when he fought as Magnamon.
- Hop Attack: A full body tackle.
ExVeemon is Veemon's champion form, Veedramon being his second. After the Digimon Emperor was defeated and his block against Digivolution lifted, Davis tried to get Veemon to Digivolve into his champion form in a bid to impress Kari. Naturally, none of these attempts were successful. It was not until Davis was about to be killed by an angry Tortomon that Veemon was able to Digivolve to save his partner's life. Exveemon's strength in his arms and legs give him amazing power which made him one the most powerful close range fighters out of all champions.
From then on, ExVeemon became Veemon's primary fighting form until he and Stingmon unlocked the power of DNA Digivolution.
- Vee-Laser (X-Laser): Fires a laser from the X on its chest/belly.
- Critical Crunch (Strong Crunch): Bites and crunches the enemy.
- Vee-Punch/Vee-Kick: In the dub, ExVeemon would sometimes call these out.
Raidramon, the "Storm of Friendship", is formed from Veemon digivolving with the Digi-Egg of Friendship. The Digi-Egg of Friendship first appeared during the fight against the MetalGreymon controlled by the Digimon Emperor. Davis' desire of wanting to help his friends evoked the Digi-Egg's power, allowing Veemon to Armor Digivolve to Raidramon and destroy the Dark Spiral controlling MetalGreymon.
Raidramon is the tribute to Gabumon and his Digivolutions (Garurumon, WereGarurumon, and MetalGarurumon).
After Ken renounced his evil persona, Veemon was able to Digivolve into his natural champion form, ExVeemon. Raidramon was no longer needed as a fighting form, but his speed meant he was still used as a means of transportation.
Raidramon made his last appearance in the Digimon Adventure 02 finale when the cast was transported to a dimension where (according to Gennai) "wishes can become reality". Here, Veemon was able to Digivolve into all of his forms (except Magnamon) at once.
- Thunder Blast (called Blue Thunder in the episode he first appeared in): Strikes with a bolt of lightning.
- Lightning Blade: In the Japanese version, this attack shoots blue thunder from his horn.
- Electric Bite: Bites his opponent with electricity charged in his fangs.
Magnamon, is the Golden Armor form of Veemon created by the Digi-Egg of Miracles. Magnamon first appeared during the Digimon Emperor's reign, when the Digimon Emperor's creation, Kimeramon, was wreaking havoc in the Digital World. Wormmon decided to aid the DigiDestined, and led Veemon and Davis to the power source of the Digimon Emperor's base. There, Davis discovered the Golden Digi-Egg of Miracles, and used its power to Armor Digivolve Veemon into Magnamon.
Magnamon was powerful enough to fight Kimeramon, but eventually lost his ground. Wormmon, in a last attempt to make Ken Ichijouji see the error of his ways, managed to free Magnamon by sacrificing the last of his life force. Magnamon, re-energized by Wormmon's sacrifice, was able to destroy Kimeramon by using his Magna Explosion attack.
Magnamon appears again in the Digimon movie The Golden Digimentals to help Rapidmon (Armor) fight Cherubimon.
- Magna Blast: Unleashes a large number of energy bullets or aura lasers from its body armor.
- Magna Explosion: Unleashes a large energy wave from its body.
- Magna Punch: A punch attack that results in a small shock wave.
- Magna Kick: A simple kick attack.
Paildramon is an Ultimate level digimon who is the DNA Digivolved form of ExVeemon and Stingmon, combining the features and attributes of a Dragon type Digimon with that of an Devi-Insectoid type. Some of his recognizable parts are ExVeemon's wings, lower legs, and tail; and Stingmon's hands and body.
Veemon and Wormmon are the first of the second generation DigiDestined Digimon to achieve DNA Digivolution in episode 26 united we stand. When Ken's former base threatened to explode, Arukenimon attempted to stop the DigiDestined with an Okuwamon she had created. Ken had been willing to throw away his life to undo the damage he caused, but Davis managed to convince him to get over what he did in the past and keep living. At that instant, when the hearts of Davis and Ken were beating as one, ExVeemon and Stingmon were able to merge and form Paildramon.
Paildramon was strong enough to destroy Okuwamon and stop the detonation of Ken's base. For a while, Paildramon was the only ultimate digimon on the DigiDestined's team, and was a valuable ally in their fight against Arukenimon, Mummymon, and later BlackWarGreymon.
- Desperado Blaster: Fires energy bullets from the weapons on his hips.
- Cable Catcher (Esgreamer): Fires off his claws and binds his enemy like wires.
- Sting Strike: Attacks with the spikes on his arms.
Imperialdramon is a mega level Digimon who is a mega form of Veemon and in the case of season 2, DNA form with Wormmon.
In Episode 39 of the anime Digimon Adventure 02, Veemon was given the power from one of Azulongmon's DigiCores. This allowed him to Digivolve to the mega level: Imperialdramon. The radiating power from the evolution digivolved Poromon and Upamon to their rookie levels and restored the original Digimon partners' ability to Digivolve to their ultimate and (in the cases of Agumon and Gabumon) Mega levels.
In Episode 40, Imperialdramon transported the DigiDestined around the world so they could help the DigiDestined of other countries round up renegade Digimon that had appeared on Earth. In Episode 42, Imperialdramon arrives just in time to help Sora and Yolei battle a herd of Mammothmon in Russia.
- Positron Laser: Fires a huge blast of positron energy from the same-name cannon on his back, causing major disaster. It only functions as a "normal" hyperlaser cannon in the Real World, it is his signature move
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is Imperialdramon's alternate mega form. His natural is UlforceVeedramon.
This form was first achieved in Episode 43 of Digimon Adventure 02. When the evil Digimon Daemon and its Daemon Corps appeared, Imperialdramon was frozen by SkullSatamon's attack shortly into digivolution, corrupting its data. To free Imperialdramon, the Digimon of the older DigiDestined De-Digivolved from their Ultimate forms and gave their remaining power (the extra power given by Azulongmon's Digi-Core) to Imperialdramon, triggering the Mode Change.
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode subsequently slew SkullSatamon, participated in battle against Daemon, helped WarGreymon defeat BlackWarGreymon, and ultimately destroyed MaloMyotismon. In Digimon Movie 4, he appears to fight against Armageddemon after being blasted with the missiles launched from his back, but is unable to defeat him even with the Giga Crusher until Omnimon donates his energy and allows Imperialdramon to Digivolve into Paladin Mode.
- Positron Laser: Fires a huge blast of positron energy from the same-name cannon now on his right arm, causing a major disaster. It only functions as a "normal" hyperlaser cannon in the Real World, however.
- Splendor Blade: Imperialdramon slashes at his enemies with blades of energy made within the "spikes" on his arm armor.
- Giga Crusher (Giga Death): Transforms the Positron Laser on his arm into a bigger form held by both arms which fires a powerful blast of dark matter on his enemy. Alternatively, by Movie 4, he can fire the same attack when the dragon mouth on his chest opens up with the PL protruding from it to fire a white spherical version, inflicting immense damage all across.
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is an even more powerful alternate form of Imperialdramon, achieved after Omnimon gave Imperialdramon Fighter Mode his power in Digimon Movie 4.
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode appears in the Digimon movie Diaboromon Strikes Back. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode had been fighting Armageddemon using his Giga Crusher attack. However, it was not strong enough, and ended up injured in Armageddemon's counter-attack. Omnimon, who had already been badly injured and nearly torn apart by Armageddemon's laser whips, gave his remaining energy to Imperialdramon. Omnimon's arms separated from his main body to become Agumon and Gabumon again, while his main body became the Omni Sword. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, wielding this sword, turned into Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and defeated Armageddemon. He did this by charging at Armageddemon with his Omni Sword. He then impaled Armageddemon's nose hole, releasing a sonic explosion that tears Armageddemon into millions of Kuramon that are absorbed by the people's cell phones, then put into the Omni Sword. He was the most powerful Digimon to appear in the "Adventure" universe.
- Omni Sword (Omega Blade): Strikes his opponents with the Omega Blade. The Blade may also contain data of human positive emotions for an extra ability known as the Initialize (a Western Alphabet equivalent of the Digimon Alphabet of these letters are engraved upon the Omega Blade's side).
- Although it is not seen in the anime, Veemon has the ability to digivolve into Paildramon without Stingmon, as shown in some games canonical to the anime, like Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer.
- In the Digimon Adventure 02 CD drama The Road to Armor Evolution (道へのアーマー進化, Michi e no Armor Shinka), as Davis unintentionally picks TK's D-Terminal, Veemon Armor Digivolves with the DigiEgg of Hope, resulting in Sagittarimon.
Digimon FranchiseComicsTV animeFilmsToys Concepts Characters Adventure &
Adventure 02DigiDestined: Tai Kamiya and Agumon • Matt Ishida and Gabumon • Sora Takenouchi and Biyomon • Izzy Izumi and Tentomon • Mimi Tachikawa and Palmon • Joe Kido and Gomamon • T.K. Takaishi and Patamon • Kari Kamiya and Gatomon • Davis Motomiya and Veemon • Yolei Inoue and Hawkmon • Cody Hida and Armadillomon • Ken Ichijouji and Wormmon • Gennai • Wizardmon • Willis • Yukio Oikawa and Myotismon • Dark Masters • LadyDevimon • BlackWarGreymon • Diaboromon
Tamers Frontier Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.