- Dorsal carpometacarpal ligaments
Ligament: Dorsal carpometacarpal ligaments Ligaments of wrist. Posterior view. Latin ligamenta carpometacarpalia dorsalia Gray's subject #88 330 From carpus To metacarpus Dorlands/Elsevier l_09/12491837
The dorsal carpometacarpal ligaments, the strongest and most distinct carpometacarpal ligaments, connect the carpal and metacarpal bones on their dorsal surfaces.
- The second metacarpal bone receives two fasciculi|, one from the greater, the other from the lesser multangular.
- The third metacarpal receives two, one each from the lesser multangular and capitate.
- The fourth two, one each from the capitate and hamate.
- The fifth receives a single fasciculus from the hamate, and this is continuous with a similar ligament on the volar surface, forming an incomplete capsule.
Joints and ligaments of upper limbs (TA A03.5, GA 3.313) Shoulder ElbowRadial collateralUlnar collateralAnular · Oblique cord Forearm Joints of handCollateral · PalmarCollateral · PalmarOther
anat(h/c, u, t, l)/phys
noco(arth/defr/back/soft)/cong, sysi/epon, injr
proc, drug(M01C, M4)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.