- Nature Chemical Biology
Nature Chemical Biology Abbreviated title (ISO) Nat. Chem. Biol. Discipline Chemical biology Language English Edited by Terry L. Sheppard Publication details Publisher Nature Publishing Group (United States) Publication history 2005–present Frequency Monthly Impact factor
15.808 Indexing ISSN 1552-4450 (print)
LCCN 2004215507 CODEN NCBABT OCLC number 56476033 Links
Nature Chemical Biology is a monthly, peer-reviewed, scientific journal, which is published by Nature Publishing Group. It was first published in June of 2005 (volume 1, issue 1). Terry L. Sheppard is a full-time professional editor with the title, "Chief Editor", and employed by Nature Chemical Biology. The impact factor for Nature Chemical Biology in 2010 is 15.808, according to the Journal Citation Reports.
Aims and scope
The publishing focus of Nature Chemical Biology is a forum for original research and commentary in Chemical-biology. Published topics encompass concepts and research methods in chemistry, biology, and related disciplines with the end result of controlling biological systems at the molecular level. Authors (contributors) are chemical biologists, also chemists involved in interdisciplinary research between chemistry and biology, along with biologists who produce research results in understanding and controlling biological processes at the molecular level.
Interdisciplinary research in chemistry and biology is emphasized. The journal's main focus in this area is fundamental research which illuminates available chemical and biological tools, as well as mechanisms underpinning biological processes. Also included are studies articulating applications at the molecular level when combining these two disciplines. Emphasis is also given to invovations in methods and theory produced from cross-disciplinary studies.
The readership for Nature Chemical Biology, which also functions as a forum, are researchers in the chemical and life sciences. Besides original research articles, this journal also publishes reviews, perspectives, highlights of research in this and other journals, correspondence, and commentaries.
Abstracting and indexing
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents - Life Sciences
- BIOSIS Previews
- ^ "Nature chemical biology". Bibliographic information for this journal.. Library of Congress. January 2009. http://lccn.loc.gov/2004215507. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "About the editors". Biographical paragraphs regarding editors.. Nature Publishing Group. July 2010. http://www.nature.com/nchembio/about/about_eds/index.html. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Peer-review policy". Nature Publishing Group. July 2010. http://www.nature.com/authors/editorial_policies/peer_review.html. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Impact factor". Nature Publishing Group. July 2011. http://www.nature.com/nchembio/authors/index.html#impact. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- ^ a b c "Aims and scope of journal". overview. Nature Publishing Group. July 2010. http://www.nature.com/nchembio/authors/index.html#aim. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Nature Chemical Biology". Displaying Record for Publication. American Chemical Society. 2009. http://cassi.cas.org/publication.jsp?P=LglBQf5Q2NQyz133K_ll3zLPXfcr-WXfw5YGX9LNMhFtjXovRF6YRjLPXfcr-WXfimSBIkq8XcUjhmk0WtYxmzLPXfcr-WXfIYtYQuPcqS-kfGnv84O2gQ. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Nature Chemical Biology". Master Journal List search. Thomson Reuters. July 2010. http://science.thomsonreuters.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jlresults.cgi?PC=MASTER&ISSN=1552-4450. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
HoltzbrinckPublishersNewspapers and MagazinesDie Zeit (50%) · Main-Post · Lausitzer Rundschau · Main-Post · Saarbrücker Zeitung · Südkurier · Trierischer Volksfreund · Spotlight Verlag · Lebensmittel Praxis Verlag · Prognos MacmillanUnited StatesTradeEducationChildren'sUnited KingdomPan MacmillanPalgrave MacmillanContemporary Political Theory · European Journal of Information Systems · European Political Science · International Abstracts in Operations Research · Journal of International Business Studies · Journal of the Operational Research Society · Journal of Public Health Policy · Journal of Simulation · Knowledge Management Research & Practice · OR Insight · Pink Book · Social TrendsMacmillan Education Nature Publishing
GroupNatureNature · Nature Biotechnology · Nature Cell Biology · Nature Chemical Biology · Nature Communications · Nature Genetics · Nature Geoscience · Nature Immunology · Nature Materials · Nature Medicine · Nature Methods · Nature Nanotechnology · Nature Neuroscience · Nature Photonics · Nature Physics · Nature Chemistry · Nature Structural & Molecular BiologyNature Reviews
Life SciencesNature Reviews
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.