- Michael Burrows (bishop)
Bishop Burrows is the son of a Church of Ireland clergyman. He was educated at Wesley College, Dublin and Trinity College, Dublin. He became Bishop of Cashel and Ossory in the Church of Ireland in 2006. He had previously been Dean of Cork at the Cathedral Church of St Fin Barre since 2002. He is described as liberal and a supporter of same-sex unions.
He is married and has four children. He was ordained as a priest in 1988.
- ^ Church of Ireland - Cashel & Ossory
- ^ "Move to elect new Bishop of Cashel and Ossory". The Munster Express. February 24, 2006. http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/move-to-elect-new-bishop-of-cashel-and-ossory/. Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- ^ Cooney, John (April 1, 2006). "Liberal Dubliner is the new Bishop of Cashel and Ossory". The Irish Independent. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/liberal-dubliner-is-the-new-bishop-of-cashel-and-ossory-100854.html. Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- ^ Coward, Colin (12 April 2006). "New bishop of Cashel and Ossory supports same-sex unions". Changing Attitude. http://www.changingattitude.org.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=216. Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- ^ Clancy, Michelle (January 27, 2006). "‘Heavy heart and soul’ as Bishop resigns". The Munster Express. http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/heavy-heart-and-soul-as-bishop-resigns/. Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- ^ "New Bishop gets a great welcome". Carlow People. July 20, 2006. http://www.carlowpeople.ie/news/new-bishop-gets-a-great-welcome-623779.html. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.