- Dunham Township, Washington County, Ohio
Dunham Township, Ohio — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Ohio County Washington Area – Total 23.7 sq mi (61.3 km2) – Land 23.4 sq mi (60.5 km2) – Water 0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) Elevation 696 ft (212 m) Population (2000) – Total 2,505 – Density 107.3/sq mi (41.4/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 39-22918 GNIS feature ID 1087130
Located in the southwestern part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
- Barlow Township - north
- Warren Township - northeast
- Belpre Township - south
- Decatur Township - west
- Fairfield Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Dunham Township.
Name and history
It is the only Dunham Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Washington County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/general_ref/cousub_outline/cen2k_pgsz/oh_cosub.pdf. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
Municipalities and communities of Washington County, Ohio Cities Villages Townships CDP Unincorporated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.