- MyChildren MyBride
MyChildren MyBride Origin Madison, Alabama Genres Metalcore, Deathcore Years active 2004–present Labels Solid State Associated acts Braveheart, Here I Come Falling, Requiem for Sirens, Carridale, Ponyboy, The Word Alive Website www.myspace.com/mcmb Members Matthew Hasting
MyChildren MyBride (MCMB) is an American Christian metalcore band originating from Madison, Alabama. They are signed to Solid State Records after being noticed by extensive constant touring, including various dates in European countries.
MyChildren MyBride was founded in Madison, Alabama while its members were still enrolled in high school. The group proceeded to promote home recordings every way possible, to gain exposure and a larger fan base. Over the years, musicians came and went, but the band was determined to find a solid member line-up.
While MyChildren MyBride was on tour as a four-piece with a band called Stars Are Falling, the band found Robert Bloomfield. Directly after, Robert joined MyChildren MyBride as second guitarist. Upon signing a contract to Solid State Records in 2007, Robert asked full-time medical student and drummer of the band Braveheart, Joe Lengson, to join the band to play bass. Towards the culmination of summer 2008, original guitarist, Kyle Ray, was replaced by Daniel Alvarado from the band Here I Come Falling to join, just as they were announcing the band's breakup. Towards the end of 2008, the original drummer, Brian Hood, decided to leave the band to start his own recording studio. He now owns 456 Recordings in Huntsville, Alabama. The band spent a year working on finding another drummer, but they did not find a permanent drummer until the beginning of 2010, when the band found Mathis Arnell of Requiem For Sirens, hailing from Geneva, Switzerland, who they invited to come to the states to play drums for the band.
Their first full length album Unbreakable was released on Solid State Records on February 26, 2008. Directly after their Solid State debut was released, the band supported Unearth, Bury Your Dead, and As Blood Runs Black on a full east coast tour.
In October 2008, MyChildren MyBride decided to revolve around their Christian faith, and asked the original guitarist, Kyle Ray, to leave the band, due to his lack of faith.
In December 2008, they went on a tour with Stick To Your Guns, and the next month, the band went on a January and February tour with As I Lay Dying, Protest The Hero, and The Human Abstract.
In the summer of 2009, the band accomplished the Thrash And Burn Tour alongside DevilDriver, Emmure, Despised Icon, Veil of Maya, For the Fallen Dreams, Oceano, Periphery, and Thy Will Be Done. Later that year, they went on tour with The Acacia Strain and Impending Doom in support of August Burns Red for their album Constellations.
A video for the song "On Wings of Integrity" was released on February 16, 2010 by the band in conjunction with Mitchell Davis with over 60,000+ hits within 18 hours.
The band has finished recording their new album at Glow in the Dark Studio in Atlanta, Georgia, with the help of Matt Goldman, who has worked with various artists including Underoath, The Chariot, and Copeland. In early 2009, they headlined the Burgers and Bowling tour with The Red Chord, Chelsea Grin, and Those Who Lie Beneath.
At the end of Spring 2010 they supported Haste the Day on their Attack of the Wolf King tour, which crossed North America. The tour also featured the Texas metalcore/deathcore band Upon a Burning Body of Sumerian Records.
The band is confirmed to directly support deathcore band, Suicide Silence for the month of October during the band's No Time to Bleed tour, which will also feature Molotov Solution, Conducting from the Grave and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.
The band began touring with Haste the Day again in February 2011 in support of their Farewell Tour, along with A Plea for Purging and The Chariot. In March 2011, the band toured with The Chariot in Europe. In late March 2011 the band became friends with the label Come & Live but stated on their twitter account that they didn't sign with the label and still have more records with Solid State.
In April 2011 guitarist Dan Alvarado decided that it was time for him to leave the band. He posted a message as a note on Facebook citing God's leading for him to go a different direction. There are no hard feelings between him and the rest of the band. In June 2011, The band co-headlined with Impending Doom, on the Nocturnal Alliance tour, with This Or The Apocalypse, A Bullet For Pretty Boy, and The Crimson Armada. In September 2011, The band headlined an Australian tour with Sydney band For All Eternity. In October 2011, Mychildren Mybride entered the studio with Zeuss at Planet Z Recordings in Hadley Massachusetts to record their third Solid State Records release entitled "MyChildren MyBride".
- Matthew Hasting – lead vocals (2004–present)
- Robert Bloomfield – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2006–present)
- Joe Lengson – bass guitar,backing vocals (2007–present)
- Mathis Arnell - drums (2010–present)
- Hunter Walls- Lead Guitar (2011–present)
- Former Members
- Daniel Alvarado - lead guitar (2008–2011)
- Brian Hood – drums (2004–2009)
- Kyle Ray – lead guitar (2004–2008)
- Rob Noneman – bass (2004–2007)
- Past tour fill-ins
- Brett Howell – guitar(2006),bass(2007)
- Paul Vickery – bass (2007)
- Sonny Tremblay – drums (2009)
- Justin Salinas – drums (2009)
- Zack Shell – drums (2009)
- Patrick Snyder - drums (2009)
- Nicholas Giberson - bass (2007)
- Studio albums
Date of release Title Label February 26, 2008 Unbreakable Solid State Records June 8, 2010 Lost Boy Solid State Records
- Other releases
- Having the Heart for War (self-released — July 4, 2005)
- Appearance on compilations
- Atticus Clothing - Atticus: IV – "The Machinist"
- Tooth & Nail Records - Songs From The Penalty Box Vol. Seven – "On Wings of Integrity"
- "Faithless" by Tooth & Nail Records
- "On Wings of Integrity" by Tooth & Nail Records, Mitchell Davis of livelavalive, and David Brodsky
- "Terra Firma" by Tooth & Nail Records and David Brodsky
- "Crimson Grim" by Tooth & Nail Records
- "King of the Hopeless" by Tooth & Nail Records
- ^ "MyChildren MyBride does hardcore metal 'the right way'", Daily Times (Maryville, Tennessee), April 4, 2008
- ^ Review at Jesus Freak Hideout, June 2, 2008
- ^ Review at New-noise.net, undated
- ^ Pure Grain Audio, February 22, 2010
- ^ The PRP on MCMB's Lost Boy, February 12, 2010
- ^ , May 23, 2011
- ^ Atticus IV announced, 2009
- ^ Jesus Freak Hideout Artist Profile, undated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.