- Camel toe
The causes of camel toe are not always obvious. Camel toe commonly occurs as a result of wearing tight fitting clothes, such as shorts, hotpants, or swimwear. Due to a combination of anatomical factors and the snugness of the fabric, the crotch and pudendal cleft may take on a resemblance to the forefoot of a camel.
Some fashion analysts have identified clothing design as a cause, rather than its size. Camel toe may thus be exacerbated by garments with a tight central seam that serves to divide the labia majora.
Camel toe vs. bulge
Uncleft "bulges" are more often visible. The degree to which a woman's mons pubis protrudes depends on a number of factors, including body weight, distribution of adipose tissue and genetic variation in anatomy.
Male organs showing through clothes at the crotch may be referred to as a "moose knuckle".
- ^ Mansour, David (2005). From Abba to Zoom: A Pop Culture Encyclopedia of the Late 20th Century. ISBN 0740751182. http://books.google.com/?id=b1ruwF6xYNIC&pg=PA64&q=. "Cameltoe: Terminology used to describe what happens when a chick wears her pants tighter than tight. Her crotch area becomes outlined with the seam riding up the crack, making it resemble the toe of a camel."
- ^ Freeman, Hadley (27 November 2007). "Miaow! Today's pop princesses do love their catsuits.". The Guardian. http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/fashion/story/0,,2217634,00.html. Retrieved 2007-12-08. "Alicia Keyes generously saves me from having to explain what exactly a camel toe is in anatomical detail, but for those who need a little help, let's just say the words "crotch outline" and let that suffice."
- ^ "Cameltoe Alert". Salon.com. 2003-05-23. http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/feature/2003/05/23/cameltoe/index.html. Retrieved 2007-12-03. "My first encounter with the horrors of the labial lapse hit right on cue. I was 12 years old, living in a desolate town outside of Fort Dix, where no coolhunter has ever set foot."
- ^ a b Sanneh, Kelefah (2003-05-23). "Fashion Tip in Rap for Brooklyn Girls.". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9402E1DF1631F930A15756C0A9659C8B63. Retrieved 2007-12-03. "A good question, although answering it requires a certain tact. Cameltoe is slang for a fashion faux pas caused by women wearing snug pants; the term suggests a visual analogy. The song is a cautionary tale, intended to help victims – help them, that is, by ridiculing them – into recovery."
- ^ Anatomy of a Cameltoe, part 1. "Most of the time, camel toe is rarely the extreme you see on certain websites; it's more subtle than that. Most of the time, camel toe is caused by wearing pants that are too big—in one specific area—making a reciprocal area too small. It's an engineering problem, not a weight problem. In fact, here's a skinny mannequin. If she's got a camel toe, everyone else will too." Fashion Incubator, April 21, 2006.
- ^ Anatomy of a Cameltoe, part 2. Fashion Incubator, April 21, 2006.
- ^ Morris, Desmond (1999). The Naked Ape. New York: Dell. p. 58. ISBN 0385334303.
- ^ Games, Alex (2007). Balderdash & piffle : one sandwich short of a dog's dinner. London: BBC. p. 45. ISBN 9781846072352.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.