- Cotton On
Cotton On Group Type Privately owned Industry Fashion Founded Geelong, Australia Headquarters Geelong, Australia Key people Nigel Austin Products Clothing, cosmetics, kids clothing, house decor Revenue AUD 850 million(2010) Operating income AUD 24.66 million (2010) Profit AUD 18.68 million (2010) Employees 5,500 (FTE, 2010 average) Website [http://www.cottonon.com
It has over 800 stores in seven countries and as of 2011 employed around 5,500 people.
The design team in the company’s Australian office controls the steps of production from merchandise planning to establishing specifications, and production is outsourced to approximately 150 factories in Europe and Asia. These facilities are used for horizontal division of labor rather than being integrated.
The company was established in 1991 by Nigel Austin in Geelong, Australia, at the time it only sold women's clothing. . The original Cotton On offer has expanded to successfully branch into intimates, sleepwear and activewear with Cotton On Body; children’s fashion with Cotton On Kids, footwear with Rubi shoes; and gifts and stationery with Typo.
The company worldwide
Number of stores as of 2 August 2011
- South Africa* (2)
- United Arab Emirates* (2)
- Germany (3)
- United States (90)
- ^ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
AR2010; see Help:Cite errors/Cite error references no text
- ^ "Cotton On Home Page". http://www.cottonon.com/. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- ^ "Cotton On About". http://www.cottonon.com/au/about. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- ^ "Cotton Store Locations". http://www.cottonon.com/au/find-a-storet. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- ^ "About Cotton On. cottonon.com.
- ^ "Cotton On Australia Home Page". http://www.cottonon.com/au. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- ^ "Typo Home Page". http://www.typoshop.com.au/. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- ^ Cotton On About Us
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.