- Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People's Republic of China
Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People's Republic of China 中华人民共和国人力资源和社会保障部 Agency overview Formed 2008 Preceding agencies Ministry of Labour and Social Security
Ministry of Personnel
Jurisdiction People's Republic of China Headquarters Beijing Minister responsible Yin Weimin Parent agency State Council Child agency State Bureau of Civil Servants Website http://www.mohrss.gov.cn/
Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People's Republic of China (simplified Chinese: 人力资源和社会保障部; traditional Chinese: 人力資源和社會保障部; pinyin: Rénlì Zīyuán hé Shèhuì Bǎozhàngbù) is a ministry under the State Council which is responsible for national labor polices, standards, regulations and managing the national social security. This includes labor force management, labor relationship readjustment, social insurance management and legal construction of labor.  The State Bureau of Civil Servants will report to the new ministry.
The ministry is created from the former Ministry of Personnel and Ministry of Labour and Social Security. . This was announced at the 2008 National People's Congress.
Since March 17, 2008, the ministry is headed by Yin Weimin.
The MOHRSS has responsibility for managing the employment market in mainland China. Due to the financial crisis of 2008/Late 2000s recession, the department has recommended companies to prevent and control large staff reduction. The agency also other government agencies to provide assistance to labor-intensive industries and enterprises to create more employment. MOHRSS stressed that priority be given to migrant workers, laid-off workers, poor people and graduates from universities and colleges in offering works.
- Labor Contract Law of the People's Republic of China
- Ministries of the People's Republic of China
- Social welfare in China
- ^ http://english.gov.cn/2005-10/02/content_74185.htm
- ^ Beijing opens green super-ministry | The Australian
- ^ http://www.ilo.org/public/english/employment/skills/hrdr/publ/010.htm
- ^ China's parliament adopts government reshuffle plan
- ^ http://www.chinacsr.com/en/2008/11/19/3657-mohrss-to-take-measures-to-help-enterprises-and-stabilize-employment/
- Government ministries of the People's Republic of China
- Ministries established in 2008
- Social affairs ministries
- China stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.