- Channel 73
Channel 73 has been removed from television use in 1983. It was formerly used by a handful of television stations in North America which broadcast on 824-830 MHz. In the United States, channel 70-83 served primarily as a "translator band" for repeater transmitters filling gaps in coverage for existing stations:
- WFMJ-TV (NBC Youngstown, Ohio) was launched on March 8, 1953 on channel 73. The station moved to its current channel, 21, on August 7, 1954.
- WLOQ-TV in Lima, Ohio broadcast on channel 73 from April 18, 1953 until December 8, 1954. On April 24, 1955 the station became WIMA-TV, moving to Channel 35. It is now WLIO.
- WTVU 73 in Scranton, Pennsylvania originated broadcasts from 8/17/1953 to 7/1/1955 (1kW TPO) as an independent and (very briefly) as a DuMont affiliate; it is no longer operational.
- KTVX-TV (ABC Salt Lake City) rebroadcaster K73BE Logan, Utah moved to K45GL channel 45.
- KWGN-TV (CW Denver) rebroadcaster K73AF Rawlins, Wyoming moved to K56AV channel 56.
- KKTV (CBS Colorado Springs) rebroadcaster K73BV Springfield, Colorado moved to K66CW channel 66.
- KNME-TV (PBS Albuquerque) rebroadcaster K73AL Truth or Consequences, New Mexico moved to K17BH channel 17.
- KOAT-TV (ABC Albuquerque) rebroadcaster K73CG Alamogordo, New Mexico moved to K34CR channel 34.
- KOCO-TV (ABC Oklahoma City) rebroadcaster K73BJ Mooreland, Oklahoma moved to K63CF channel 63.
- KSAZ-TV (CBS Phoenix) rebroadcaster K73CD Flagstaff, Arizona moved to K48GI channel 48.
- KREM-TV (CBS Spokane) rebroadcaster K73AP Quincy, Washington moved to K21AJ channel 21.
- KTCA-TV (PBS Minneapolis-St. Paul) rebroadcaster K73AI Redwood Falls, Minnesota moved to W64AC channel 64.
- KVAL-TV (CBS Eugene) rebroadcaster K73AQ Florence, Oregon moved to K58CW channel 58.
- KVII-TV (ABC Amarillo) rebroadcaster K73BK Gruver, Texas moved to K42CF channel 42.
- KXLY-TV (ABC Spokane) rebroadcaster K73BA East Wenatchee, Washington moved to K53DN channel 53.
- WITF-TV (PBS Harrisburg) rebroadcaster W73AH Chambersburg, Pennsylvania moved to W38AN channel 38.
- WNEP-TV (ABC Scranton) rebroadcaster W73AC Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania moved to W14CO channel 14.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.