- Soaps In Depth
Soaps In Depth is a series of magazines created in 1997 by Bauer Publications to give American soap opera viewers more variety in their soap-related magazine purchases. Instead of buying a magazine like Soap Opera Digest, in which all soap operas are covered, Soaps In Depth gave the soap viewer and potential shopper three choices: ABC Soaps In Depth, CBS Soaps In Depth, and NBC Soaps In Depth. Each magazine is devoted to only the shows on the network the edition covers, and are published biweekly.
The NBC edition was discontinued after only two years in 1999 after NBC's cancellation and non-replacement of Another World on their daytime schedule, making it superfluous to cover only two programs, while the ABC and CBS editions continue to be sold.
CBS Soaps In Depth
First published in early 1997 by, this magazine focuses only on the CBS soaps As the World Turns, The Bold and the Beautiful, Guiding Light, and The Young and the Restless. Each issue also includes brief news coverage, previews, and recaps for the ABC soaps, as well as Days of our Lives. When the CBS edition debuted, each issue cost $2.99.
ABC Soaps In Depth
First published in February 1997, this magazine focused on the ABC soaps at that time (All My Children, The City, General Hospital, and One Life to Live). A few months later, The City was cancelled, and covereage began on the new soap, Port Charles. PC was cancelled in 2003, and coverage continues on the other three soaps. The ABC edition also includes news coverage, previews, and recaps for the CBS soaps and Days of our Lives. Its initial start up cost was $2.99 an issue, with an occasional $1.00 issue. Beginning in 2003, each issue costs $3.50.
NBC Soaps In Depth
The NBC edition is now defunct. When it was first published, coverage focused on NBC Daytime's soap line-up, which was Another World, Days of our Lives, and Sunset Beach. In 1999 NBC cancelled the long running AW, as well as Sunset Beach. Passions took over one time slot, but with this drastic move in NBC Daytime, the need for its own magazine was no longer needed or could be supplied. NBC's last remaining serial, Days of our Lives, still holds brief news coverage, previews, and recaps in the ABC and CBS editions.
Each issue has several parts. All soaps are broken into sections. All three soaps in both the CBS edition and ABC edition have their own special sections.
Each issues consists of:
- News - Updates on important news stories.
- Ins and Outs - Updates on cast changes.
- Set Your DVR - Previews for the coming two weeks.
- On the Town - Candid photos of stars at events, parties, award ceremonies, and actors/actresses who may be doing a Broadway show.
- In Depth Cover Story - Major plot twists coming up on a particular show. Sporadically features Cover Stories for each show.
- In Depth Previews - Upcoming plot twists for shows that don't make the Cover Story.
- Hottest Stories - Shocking plot twists coming to each show. Mostly offers the scoop from cast members, writers, or executive producers.
- Remote Patrol - The Editors' opinions on glitches in current storyline.
- Speak Out - Viewers' opinions on storylines/cast changes.
- Readers' Poll - Results of poll questions asked in a recent issue. Also includes top couples, actors, and actresses.
- In Depth Answers - Fan questions answered.
- Beauty Secrets - Fashion and beauty questions asked by the fans. Also includes questions for the actors, asked by the Magazine.
- Star Search - Upcoming appearances by actors and actresses.
- Star Talk - Question asked by the Magazine for the actors and actresses.
- All-Star Scrapbook - Old photos of the actors and actresses.
- Plot Points - An at a glance guide to recent goings-on. Mainly consisting of deaths, marriages, divorces, and births.
- Standout Scenes - Schocking moments that recently occurred.
- Storyline Recaps - Article explaining major storyline twists that occurred in the last two weeks.
- Soap Style - Brief articles about what an actress (and sometimes actor) wore to an event.
- In the Next Issue - Previewing articles in the upcoming issue.
Each soap has special In Depth Sections. Each issue includes Message Boards, Up Close and Personal, and games or puzzles, such as a Crossword. Each In Depth section contains a special feature as well, whether this may be a Feature Interview, Behind the Scenes, On the Road, or Off-Duty.
After each soap is featured, there are several additional articles. These include the following:
- Keeping Track
- Editor For a Day
- A Minute of Your Time Please
- Why They Really Left
- Hey! Wasn't That?
- From Soap Kids to Superstars
- Gold Star
- Candid Camera
There are also several special articles. These include Farwell Sections for an actor or actress who may leave a show, Daytime Emmy coverage from the Awards Ceremony, and End of Year Recaps/Milestones. A special section may also appear whenever a soap or actor reaches a big Anniversary.
- Soaps in Depth website
- ABC Soaps in Depth Magazine Discount Subscription
- CBS Soaps in Depth Magazine Discount Subscription
- ABC Soaps in Depth Subscription
- CBS Soaps in Depth Subscription
Bauer Media Group (Bauer Verlagsgruppe) Bauer Radio
Bauer Place Portfolio
Northern England CHR stations: CFM Radio · Hallam FM · Key 103 · Metro Radio · Radio City 96.7 · 96.3 Radio Aire · 97.4 Rock FM · TFM Radio · 96.9 Viking FM
Scotland CHR stations: 102.5 Clyde 1 · 97.3 Forth One · Tay FM · 97.4 MFR · Moray Firth Radio 1107AM · Northsound 1 · Radio Borders · 96.7 West FM · West Sound FM
Northern Ireland: Cool FM · Downtown Radio
Magic Network: Magic 105.4 · Magic AM · Magic 828 · Magic 999 · Magic 1152 · Piccadilly Magic 1152 · Magic 1161 · Magic 1170 · Magic 1548
Scottish AM stations: Clyde 2 · 1548 Forth 2 · Northsound 2 · Tay AM · West Sound (AM)
Other Place radio assets: Wave 105 · City Talk 105.9
Bauer Passion Portfolio:
Kiss Network: Kiss 100 · Kiss 101 · Kiss 105-108
Kerrang Radio (West Midlands FM and quasi-national digital)Digital stations: Heat · The Hits · Q · Smash Hits
UK Consumer Titles: Angling Times · Bella · Bike · Bird Watching · Car · Classic Bike · Classic Cars · Closer · Country Walking · Digital Photo · Empire · FHM · First · Freesail · Garden Answers · Garden News · Golf World · Grazia · Improve Your Coarse Fishing · Heat · Instant Beauty · Kerrang! · Land Rover Owner International · Match · Max Power · Model Rail · Mojo · More! · Mother & Baby · Motor Cycle News (MCN) · New Woman · Parker's · Performance Bikes · Pop · Practical Classics · Practical Fishkeeping · Practical Photography · Pregnancy & Birth · Puzzle Magazines · Q · RAIL · RiDE · Sea Angler · Shopping for Baby · Skiing · Steam Railway · Spirit&Destiny · Take a Break · That's life! · Today's Golfer · Top Sante · Total TVguide · Trail · Trout & Salmon · Trout Fisherman · TV Choice · Waves · What Bike? · Your Horse · Yours · Zoo
US Consumer Titles: ASTROgirl · First for Women · In Touch Weekly · J-14 · Life & Style Weekly · Life Story · M · QuizFest · Soaps in Depth · Twist · Woman's World
German Consumer Titles: Bravo · Das Neue Blatt
Business Publications: AM · Fleet News · Pet Product Marketing · Sewells Information and Research
Distribution: Seymour · Frontline
Box Television (50%)Categories:
- American magazines
- Bauer Media Group
- Television soap opera media
- Weekly magazines
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.