- Marco Minnemann
Marco Minnemann Born 24 December 1970
Genres Jazz, rock, heavy metal, instrumental, electronica, experimental Occupations Musician, composer, engineer, producer Instruments Drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals, organ, percussion Website marcominnemann.com
He has many solo CDs on which he plays most of the instruments and sings, and he's constantly working as a composer and session recording artist.
His work as an educational book author along with Rick Gratton brought out 3 books including the award winning and in many magazines as #1 voted "Extreme Independence". Also one of his DVDs "Extreme Drumming" won polls and achieved Marco a Telly Award.
He has worked with guitarist Paul Gilbert on his solo album called "Space Ship One" and was also involved in the development of the "Space Ship One Live" DVD (both released in 2005).
He did a trio tour with Terry Bozzio and Chad Wackerman and on numerous clinic tours around the world. His educational book “Maximum Minnemann” was released in August 2006. His DVD "The Marco Show" with featured Artists Mike Keneally, Bryan Beller and the Buddy Rich Big Band, was released in 2007.
His instructional DVD Extreme Drumming was published in 2003 by Warner Brothers. In October 2007, he was announced as a member of new band UKZ with Eddie Jobson (ex-Zappa), Trey Gunn (ex-King Crimson) and Alex Machacek (virtuoso guitar player). Marco toured with death metalists Necrophagist on the Summer Slaughter tour 2007 which is featured on their live DVD released in 2008.
He's part of the Progressive Rock power trio "KMB" (Keneally/Minnemann/Beller), which performs music from all three member's solo albums as well as original material and improvised "jams". Minnemann has performed several times as the drummer in "The Mike Keneally Band" along with KMB-mates Mike Keneally & Bryan Beller.
Minnemann performed three concerts in Poland in November 2009 as part of Eddie Jobson's Ultimate Zero (UZ) project. The line-up also featured John Wetton, Greg Howe (guitar) and Tony Levin (stick). They performed music from UK and King Crimson. It was the first time in 30 years Eddie Jobson and John Wetton played together after UK disbanded.
Marco was on Tour with Adrian Belew Power Trio in 2010.
He recorded for XTC's Andy Partridge along with Mike Keneally for a CD release for 2012.
His new trio "The Aristocrats" together with Guthrie Govan and Bryan Beller will be released in summer 2011 followed by an extensive tour. He is currently playing with Steven Wilson on the "Grace for drowning" tour 2011.
- Ultimate Play Along Drum Trax.
- Extreme Interdependence: Drumming Beyond Independence (With Audio CD) - Nov 2001
- Maximum Minnemann 2006
- Marco Minnemann: Live in L.A. - October 2007
- Extreme Drumming 2003
- The Marco Show 2006
- Thickness Illegal Aliens-1996
- Red Alibis Illegal Aliens-1997
- Time- Illegal Aliens 1998
- The Green Mindbomb- 1998
- Comfortably Homeless- 1999
- International Telephone Illegal Aliens- 2000
- Motor Minnemann/ Brinkmann- 2002
- Orchids- 2002
- Normalizer Minnemann/ Mario Brinkmann- 2003
- Broken Orange- 2003
- Mieze- 2004
- Disarmed Brinkmann, Minnemann, Trentini- 2005
- Swine Songs-best of- 2006
- Contraire de la chanson- 2006
- Housewifedogandtwokids- 2007
- A mouth of God-2008
- Normalizer 2- 2010
- "The Shining"- Minnemann, Brinkmann-2010
- "S+M"-Shiloh-Sheray, Marco Minnemann-2011
Selected recordings with other artists
- FFW "Senseless Wonder"- 1992
- FFW "Mao Mak Maa"- 1993
- FFW "Culture Shock"- 1995
- FFW "Hula"-1997
- H-Blockx "Fly Eyes"- 1996
- H-Blockx "Bang Boom Bang"- 1998
- Wolfgang Schmid "Special Kick"- 2001
- Wolgang Schmid " A swift Kick"- 2003
- Silver -2000
- Silver "Dream Machines"- 2003
- Gary Barden- 2004
- Das Ueberschall-Kleutgen, Sistos, Minnemann live at the Baked Potato 2003
- Nena "feat. Nena"- 2003
- Paddy Kelly "In exile" (producer, arranger and multi instrumentalist)-2004
- Phi Yaan-Zek "Solar Flare"- 2005
- Paul Gilbert "Burning Organ"- 2001
- Paul Gilbert "Space Ship One"- 2005
- Paul Gilbert "Space Ship Live"- DVD- 2005
- Marco Ferrigno "Hanging Gardens"-2006
- Mario Brinkmann "Engineer"- 2007
- Illogicist-"The insight eye" 2007
- Necrophagist-Summer Slaughter DVD 2008
- Shiloh-Sheray- "the way we are"-2009
- Ephel Duath (band)-Through My Dog's Eyes 2009
- George Bellas -Planetary Alignment-2008
- George Bellas -Step into the Future-2009
- George Bellas -The Dawn of Time-2010
- Adam Nitti-2009
- Mike Keneally "Scambot". release for 2009
- Bryan Beller "Thanks in advance" 2008
- Jason Sadites "WEVE" 2009
- Matte Henderson w David Torn and Tony Levin release for 2009
- Necrophagist-"Summer Slaughter 2007" live in Toronto DVD
- UKZ- "Radiation" EP Eddie Jobson, Trey Gunn, Alex Machacek, Aaron Lippert, Marco Minnemann 2009
- Theodore Ziras "Territory 4", 2009
- Dr. Zoltan Øbelisk - Why I Am So Wise, Why I Am So Clever, And Why I Write Such Good Songs (2009)
- Alex Machacek - 24 Tales (2010)
- Trey Gunn/Marco Minneman - "Modulator" (2010)
- Jason Sadites/Marco Minnemann - "Behind The Laughter" (2010)
- Mike Keneally "Evidence of Humanity" (2010)
- Eddie Jobson's UZ Live 2 CD set (2011)
- Tony MacAlpine (2011)
- Musical Mind Meld (w Jordan Rudess and Daniel Jakubovic)
- The Aristocrats "The Aristocrats" (Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann, Guthrie Govan) (2011)
The Telly Award in 2004
- Drums: Drum Workshop
- Cymbals: Avedis Zildjian
- Microphones: Audix
- Drumsticks: Pro-Mark
- Drumheads: Evans
Setup as of January 2007 
- Drums - DW Collector's Series Maple Drums (Natural Lacquer Custom over Olive Ash Burl Exotic) and Chrome Hardware.
- 8" Rack Tom
- 10" Rack Tom
- 12" Rack Tom
- 14" Floor Tom
- 16" Floor Tom
- 13" Snare drum
- 22"x17" Bass drum
- 10" Snare drum
- 22" Gong drum
- ^ "Adrian Belew Interview : Guitar Interviews | GuitarInternational.com". http://guitarinternational.com/2011/04/13/adrian-belew-interview-cars-guitars-and-david-bowie/. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- ^ "Live in L.A. (DVD): Marco Minnemann, Drum Workshop: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Live-L-DVD-Marco-Minnemann/dp/B000GTLMSO. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- ^ "marcominnemann.com". marcominnemann.com. http://marcominnemann.com/about_endorsements/. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
Muhammed Suiçmez • Stephan Fimmers • Sami Raatikainen • Romain Goulon
Jan-Paul Herm • Raphael Kempermann • Daniel Silva • Mario Petrovic • Slavek Foltyn • Björn Vollmer • Julien Laroche • Christian Müenzner • Heiko Linzert • Hannes Grossmann • Marco Minnemann • Hudson Cole
Studio Albums Labels
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.