- Director X
(X / Little X)
X in 2005
Born Julien Christian Lutz
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Other names X, Little X Occupation Music video director, fashion Years active 1998 - present
Julien Christian Lutz (born 1975), better known as Little X, X or Director X, is a Canadian music video director. He also has his own clothing line X Fit. He was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, and is of Trinidadian and Swiss descent.
Julien Christian Lutz attended both Mayfield Secondary School and North Park Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario. A protégé of Hype Williams, X has been noted for his high-budget, visually distinctive music videos for popular music singles, including videos for R. Kelly, Usher, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Korn, Nelly Furtado, Sean Paul and The Wanted, He is currently represented by DNA - David Naylor and Associates, Hollywood, CA.
One of his trademarks is tweaking the letterbox format; instead of simply using black bars on the top and bottom of the frame to frame the image, many videos by X feature the bars opening vertically to reveal the video and closing vertically at the end.
In addition to directing musical videos, Director X has also had experiences in filming and into fashion and modelling consultancy.
X has his own fashion clothing line called X Fit. It is produced by Canadian clothing company Ice Gear Fitness.
X was visual consultant on Hype Williams 1998 film "Belly". X was also to direct now defunct vampire feature "Razorwire".. His most recent work is the video for "One Love" by David Guetta featuring Estelle.
- Karl Wolf ft Kardinal Offishall - Ghetto Love
- Mohombi ft Nicole Scherzinger - "Coconut Tree"
- The Wanted - "Glad You Came"
- The Wanted - "Warzone"
- Street Pharmacy - "Stone Bricks and Mortar"
- Sean Kingston - "Letting Go (Dutty Love)"
- Nicki Minaj - "Your Love"
- The-Dream - "Love King"
- k-os feat. Saukrates & Nelly Furtado - "I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman"/"Robot Kid"
- Sean Paul - "Now That I've Got Your Love"
- Nelly Furtado - "Más"
- Sean Paul - "Hold My Hand"
- David Guetta feat. Estelle - "One Love"
- Nelly Furtado - "Manos al Aire"
- Estelle feat. Sean Paul - "Come Over"
- Brandy - "Right Here (Departed)"
- Common - "Universal Mind Control" (Original Version)
- Deborah Cox - "Beautiful U R"
- R. Kelly feat. Usher - "Same Girl"
- Chrisette Michelle - "Be Ok"
- Trey Songs - "Wonder Woman"
- Baby Bash feat. Sean Kingston - "What Is It"
- Sean Paul feat. Keyshia Cole - "Give It Up To Me"
- Korn - "Coming Undone"
- Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland - "Promiscuous"
- The Game - "Let's Ride"
- Xzibit - "Concentrate"
- Cassie - "Me & U" (original version)
- Sean Paul - "Temperature"
- Ludacris - "Pimpin' All Over the World"
- Rico Love - "Settle Down"
- Rihanna - "Pon De Replay"
- R. Kelly - "Happy People"
- R. Kelly - "U Saved Me" (directed under his real name Julien Christian Lutz)
- Ying Yang Twins - "Wait (The Whisper Song)"
- Usher - "Caught Up"
- Lloyd Banks feat. Avant -"Karma"
- Kanye West - "The New Workout Plan"
- Nelly feat. Christina Aguilera - "Tilt Ya' Head Back"
- Akon - "Ghetto"
- Usher - "Yeah"
- Sean Paul Feat. Sasha - "I'm Still In Love With You"
- Timbaland and Magoo feat. Missy Elliott - "Cop That Disk"
- John Mayer - "Clarity"
- Sean Paul - "Get Busy"
- Kelis - "Trick Me"
- Jay-Z featuring Pharrell Williams - "Excuse Me Miss"
- Melanie Durrant feat. Common - "Where I'm Goin'"
- Aaliyah - "I Care 4 U"
- Sean Paul - "Gimme The Light"
- Eve feat. Alicia Keys - "Gangsta Lovin'"
- Alicia Keys - "How Come You Don't Call Me"
- Donnell Jones featuring Styles P - "Put Me Down"
- Usher - "U Got It Bad"
- Usher - "U Don't Have To Call"
- R. Kelly featuring Jay-Z - "Fiesta (Remix)"
- Kardinal Offishall - "Ol' Time Killin'"
- Mystikal - "Shake Ya Ass"
- Mystikal featuring Nivea - "Danger (Been So Long)"
- Ice Cube featuring Krayzie Bone - "Until We Rich" (co-directed with Cameron Casey)
- Donell Jones - "Where I Wanna Be"
- Aaliyah featuring DMX - "Come Back in One Piece"
- Choclair - "Let's Ride"
- Marvelous 3 - "Freak Of The Week"
- Mystikal featuring OutKast - "Neck Uv Da Woods"
- Ice Cube featuring Mack 10 and Ms. Toi - "You Can Do It" (co-directed with Cameron Casey)
- Onyx - "React"
- Onyx - "Broke Willies"
- Rascalz - "Northern Touch"
- Maestro - "Stick to Your Vision"
- Glenn Lewis - "Bout Your Love"
- Total - "Sittin' Home"
- EPMD - "Richter Scale"
- Henry Keazor, Thorsten Wübbena: Video Thrills The Radio Star. Musikvideos: Geschichte, Themen, Analysen. Bielefeld 2005, p. 111ss.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.