- Cries of the Past
Cries of the Past Studio album by Underoath Released July 4, 2000 Recorded 2000, at Wisner Productions, Saint Cloud, Florida Genre Christian metal, metalcore, unblack metal, death metal Length 42:08 Label Takehold Producer James Paul Wisner Underoath chronology Act of Depression
Cries of the Past
The Changing of Times
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Alternative Press  HM Magazine * Jesus Freak Hideout link This table needs to be expanded using prose. See the guideline for more information.
Cries of the Past is the second album by Underoath, released on July 4, 2000 through Takehold Records. Only 3,000 copies of the album were pressed, and, like Act of Depression, it is currently out of print. The album is the last to feature guitarist Corey Steger and is the first to include keyboardist, Christopher Dudley.
Musical content and style
The second and third song are out of order from the list on the jacket, with "Giving Up Hurts the Most" as the actual second track. The song "And I Dreamt of You" is Underoath's longest recorded song, clocking in at 11 minutes and 24 seconds. One of the most notorious things about the album is its length; there are only five songs, but reaches 42:08 in time length, with the shortest song on the album being "Giving Up Hurts The Most" (7:36).
Being the first album to feature Christopher Dudley, it is the first Underoath album to include keyboard effects. The album acquires a similar sound to Act of Depression, however, features even more of a black metal influence.
No. Title Length 1. "The Last" 7:42 2. "Giving Up Hurts the Most" 7:36 3. "Walking Away" 7:47 4. "And I Dreamt of You" 11:24 5. "Cries of the Past" 8:23Total length: 42:08
- Aaron Gillespie – drums
- Dallas Taylor – lead vocals
- Corey Steger – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Octavio Fernandez – rhythm guitar
- Christopher Dudley – keyboards
- Matt Clark - bass guitar
- Produced by James Paul Wisner
- ^ "Alternative Press | Reviews | Underoath- Cries Of The Past". Altpress.com. 2000-07-04. http://www.altpress.com/reviews/entry/criesofthepast/. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- ^ a b Wreckinthangs, Aaron (November / December 2000). "Reviews / Cries of the Past". HM Magazine (86): 85.
- ^ Powell, Mark (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 976. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
Underoath Studio albums Other albums Labels Related articles Related bands Singles"When the Sun Sleeps" · "Reinventing Your Exit" · "It's Dangerous Business Walking out Your Front Door" · "Writing on the Walls" · "In Regards to Myself" · "A Moment Suspended in Time" · "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" · "Too Bright to See, Too Loud to Hear" · "In Division" · "Illuminator" · "Paper Lung"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.