- Chancellor of the University of Edinburgh
The Chancellor is the titular head of the University of Edinburgh. Their duties include conferring degrees, promoting the University's image throughout the world, and furthering its interests, both within Scotland and beyond.
The current Chancellor is The Princess Royal.
List of Chancellors of the University of Edinburgh
- 1859 - 1868 Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux
- 1868 - 1891 John Inglis, Lord Glencorse
- 1891 - 1930 Arthur Balfour (from 1922 Earl of Balfour)
- 1930 - 1937 Sir James Matthew Barrie, 1st Baronet
- 1937 - 1940 John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir
- 1946 - 1953 Victor Hope, 2nd Marquess of Linlithgow
- 1953 - 2010 HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
- 2011 - present HRH The Princess Royal
DivisionsCollege of Humanities
and Social Science
School of Biological Sciences · School of Chemistry · School of GeoSciences · School of Engineering · School of Informatics · School of Mathematics ·School of Physics and Astronomy
Students' Association · Sports Union · Association Football Club · Boat Club · Body Snatchers · Children's Holiday Venture · Edinburgh University RFC · Fresh Air · The Journal · Meadows Marathon · Music Society · Plinian Society · Potterrow Student Centre · Royal Medical Society · Student (newspaper) ·Teviot Row House
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.