- Highway 23 (Ontario)
maint=the Ministry of Transportation
Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, [http://www.raqsa.mto.gov.on.ca/techpubs/TrafficVolumes.nsf/tvweb 2004 Annual Average Daily Traffic] ]
terminus_a=jct|state=ON|Hwy|7 near London
terminus_b=jct|state=ON|Hwy|9|Hwy|89 in Harriston
cities=Harriston, Listowel, Mitchell, St. Mary's
The total length of Highway 23 is presently 97.7 km.
Highway 23 travels through the following municipalities: Whalen Corners, Woodham, Kirkton, Mitchell, Bornholm, Monkton, Newry, Atwood, Listowel and Gowanstown. The southern end begins at Highway 7, east of Elginfield. The northern terminus is at Highway 9 in Harriston.
Highway 23 proceeds through the counties of Middlesex, Perth and Wellington. North of Middlesex County, from Whalen Corners, Highway 23 coincides with the border between Huron and Perth counties until a point north of Kirkton.
Prior to 1998, the road's northern terminus was at Highway 9 in Teviotdale. In 1998, the northern terminus became the junction with the former Highway 89 routing, west of Palmerston. In 2004, the segment of Highway 89 between this junction and Harriston was renumbered as Highway 23, resulting in the current routing.
* [http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=HWY-23+%26+Elginfield+Rd,+Middlesex,+Ontario+N0M,+Canada&daddr=Arthur+St+%26+Hwy-9,+harriston,+ON&layer=&sll=43.172134,-81.330414&sspn=0.027542,0.051327&ie=UTF8&z=9&ll=43.568452,-80.939026&spn=0.875617,1.642456&t=h&om=1 Google Maps: Highway 23 route]
* [http://www.thekingshighway.ca/Highway23.htm History of Highway 23]
* [http://www.thekingshighway.ca/PHOTOS/Hwy23photos.htm Historical Photographs of Highway 23]
* [http://www.onthighways.com/highway_23.htm Highway 23 pictures and information]
* [http://www.raqsb.mto.gov.on.ca/techpubs/TrafficVolumes.nsf/tvweb?OpenForm&Seq=1 Ontario Provincial Highways Traffic Volumes On Demand]
* [http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/traveller/map/southindexpdf.htm Ontario Ministry of Transportation: Southern Ontario Road Maps]
Highway 23 (Ontario)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.