- Ohio State Route 700
Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 16.71 mi (26.89 km) Existed: 1942 – present Major junctions South end: SR 88 near Hiram US 422 near Hiram North end: SR 87 / SR 168 in Burton Location Counties: Portage, Geauga Highway system ← SR 698 SR 701 →
State Route 700 (SR 700, OH 700) is a 16.71-mile (26.89 km) long north–south state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of SR 700 is at SR 88 about 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Hiram. Its northern terminus is at a traffic circle where it meets SR 87 in Burton, a point that doubles as the northern terminus of SR 168.
Along its path, SR 700 passes through northern Portage County and southern Geauga County. No portion of this highway is included within the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of routes deemed to be most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
The SR 700 designation was applied in 1942. It has utilized the same routing through Portage and Geauga Counties since its inception, when it replaced a former portion of SR 80. The highway has been paved for its entire lifespan.
County Location Mile Destinations Notes Portage Freedom Township 0.00 SR 88 Southern terminus 0.19 SR 303 Hiram Township 4.55 SR 82 east T-intersection marking southern split of SR 82/SR 700 duplex;
SR 82 joins from the southeast
Hiram 5.27 SR 82 west
SR 305 east
Signalized intersection marking northern split of SR 82/SR 700 duplex;
SR 82 departs to the west; also western terminus of SR 305
Geauga Troy Township 10.61 US 422 Signalized intersection Burton Township 15.65 SR 168 south T-intersection marking southern split of SR 168/SR 700 duplex;
SR 168 joins from the southeast
Burton 16.71 SR 87
Northern terminus, concurrent with northern terminus of SR 168, at traffic circle;
SR 87 crosses west-to-east
1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Concurrency terminus • • Closed/Former • Incomplete access Unopened
- ^ a b Ohio Department of Highways (1941) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1941a.sid. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- ^ a b Ohio Department of Highways (1942) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1942a.sid. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- ^ a b Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 700, Portage County". http://www.odotonline.org/techservapps/SLD/pdf_files/porsr0700r.pdf. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- ^ a b Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 700, Portage County". http://www.odotonline.org/techservapps/SLD/pdf_files/geasr0700r.pdf. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- ^ Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.