- Mount Steele
Mount Steele Elevation 5,073 m (16,644 ft)  Prominence 813 m (2,667 ft)  Location Location Yukon, Canada Range Saint Elias Mountains Coordinates 61°05′34″N 140°18′00″W / 61.09278°N 140.3°WCoordinates: 61°05′34″N 140°18′00″W / 61.09278°N 140.3°W Topo map NTS 115F/01 Climbing First ascent 1935 Easiest route glacier/snow/ice climb
- For the mountain in Antarctica, see Mount Steele (Antarctica).
Mount Steele is the fifth highest mountain in Canada and the eleventh highest peak in North America. A lower southeast peak of Mt. Steele stands at 4,300m (14,108 ft).
It was named after Sir Sam Steele, the North West Mounted Police officer in charge of the force in the Yukon during the Klondike Gold Rush.
- 4000 metre peaks of Canada
- 4000 metre peaks of North America
- Mountain peaks of Canada
- Mountain peaks of North America
- ^ a b c d Mount Steele on Bivouac.com
- Mountains of Yukon
- Saint Elias Mountains
- Yukon geography stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.