- Los Angeles Newspaper Group
The Los Angeles Newspaper Group is an umbrella group of local daily newspapers published in the greater Los Angeles area by MediaNews Group. The news coverage of the newspapers are mainly local stories. The newspapers contain some national and international news, often from the Associated Press. Its entertainment section with advice columns, movie reviews, and comics are found in its "U" (renamed LA.com in 2007) section, which is shared among all newspapers. The newspapers share coverage and printing presses, and staff writers rotate among newspapers and file the same stories for all eight members of the group. The newspapers also share editorials and speak as one voice on regional issues.
The group is owned by William Dean Singleton, who also owns the Denver Post, the Alameda Newspaper Group, which includes the Oakland Tribune, as well as the Mercury News of San Jose and numerous other papers.
The newspapers include:
- Daily Breeze - Torrance and the South Bay (acquired from the San Diego-based Copley Press in 2007)
- Inland Valley Daily Bulletin - Pomona Valley and Ontario; originally were two separate papers: the Pomona Progress-Bulletin and the Ontario Daily Report (merged in April 1990) (acquired in 1999 from Donrey).
- Press-Telegram - Long Beach
- Los Angeles Daily News - Los Angeles metropolitan area (San Fernando Valley) and Northern Los Angeles County
- Pasadena Star-News - Pasadena and west San Gabriel Valley
- Redlands Daily Facts - Redlands (acquired in 1999 from Donrey)
- The San Bernardino Sun - San Bernardino County and the Inland Empire
- San Gabriel Valley Tribune - West Covina and east San Gabriel Valley
- Whittier Daily News - Whittier
The Whittier Daily News, Star-News, and Tribune are further divided into the San Gabriel Valley Newspaper Group, and they take the sharing of news resources to a greater level, with only the front section differing between each. Also, the Daily Bulletin, San Bernardino Sun and Daily Facts are further divided into the Inland Newspaper Group, where these papers also share some news resources.
The Pasadena Star-News, San Gabriel Valley Tribune and Long Beach Press-Telegram were at one time owned by the Miami-based Knight-Ridder newspaper group.
MediaNews Group Bay Area News Group
Alameda Times-Star • The Argus • Contra Costa Times • The Daily News • Daily Review • East Bay Tribune • Marin Independent Journal • Milpitas Post • Oakland Tribune • Pacifica Tribune • The Reporter • San Jose Mercury News • San Mateo County Times • Tri-Valley Herald • Santa Cruz Sentinel • Vallejo Times Herald
Texas New Mexico
Prairie Mountain Publishing Alaska2 Other papers
Bennington Banner • The Berkshire Eagle • Brattleboro Reformer • Charleston Daily Mail3 • Chico Enterprise-Record • Daily Democrat • Daily News • The Denver Post • The Detroit News • The Evening Sun • Lake County Record-Bee • Lebanon Daily News • The Monterey County Herald • North Adams Transcript • Oroville Mercury-Register • Public Opinion • The Salt Lake Tribune • Sentinel & Enterprise • St. Paul Pioneer Press • The Sun • Times-Standard • The Ukiah Daily Journal • York Daily Record • The York Dispatch
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.