- Common palmar digital arteries
Artery: Common palmar digital arteries Palmar view of the left hand, showing the common palmar digital arteries in context. Latin arteriae digitales palmares communes, arteriae digitales volares communes Gray's subject #152 598 Source superficial palmar arch Branches proper palmar digital arteries Vein palmar digital veins
Each of these arteries receive the corresponding volar metacarpal artery and then divide into a pair of proper palmar digital arteries (q.v.).
Footnotes and references
- ^ Physiology of adult Homo sapiens - Systemic blood and lymph circulation (angiology)
- ^ Palmar and volar may be used synonymously, but volar is less common.
- ^ This is the official and international Latin term as defined by the Terminologia Anatomica (TA), but in English speaking countries and especially the US, common palmar digital arteries is more commonly used.
- ^ Again, palmar and volar may be used synonymously, but aa. digitales volares communes does not occur in the TA, and can therefore be considered deprecated.
- ^ titled Superficial Volar Arch in this picture, which is an alternative term
- common+palmar+digital+artery at eMedicine Dictionary
- Atlas of anatomy at UMich hand_blood1 - "Palm of the hand, superficial dissection, anterior view"
List of arteries of upper limbs (TA A12.2.09, GA 6.575) AxillaryShoulderBefore splitArches
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.